“AWFUL!”
Review of Trade Winds Inn

Trade Winds Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed there during the off season. It was not my choice as we were part of a group. Our room was in the dungeon. Walls were paper thin. We were kept awake all night by loud, drunk unruly guests, even after numerous calls to the front desk. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. I instructed my family not to change into their pajamas but to sleep in the clothes. The room and hallways smelled musty and gross. The breakfast was inedible. We grabbed breakfast at the local gas station on the way to the rink. STAY AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Mainemom207
AimeeHunt, Owner at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

I am so sorry to hear about your stay with us. I can't find your reservation in December. Normally our lower level rooms are not rented nightly and only rented to extended stay guest. Can you please email me your Name and Date that you stayed with us? I would certainly like to make this right with you. I can be reached at aimeetwmi@aol.com

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stay here annually when visiting my family. It's nothing special, but on the off-season it is affordable and clean enough to not creep me out. Good water pressure in the bathroom, clean shower, commode, linens, and friendly staff. Look, it's Rockland folks. There should be coffee pots in the rooms and more pillows, but it earns a 3 star rating solidly.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank dissonantmuse

Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our guestrooms. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

A friend booked rooms at this hotel for us without consulting TripAdvisor first. Here is what we found: could not get TV to work; could not get heater to work; beds ok but linens very old with lots of pilling; room clean but everything looked very old and tired; lots of light from hallway which you could not keep out of room; migrant laborers staying in the next several rooms who stayed up and partied well into the night. Positive aspects: didn't see any bedbugs, and I discovered a new, more effective kind of earplugs at CVS over the weekend. Also if it had been raining, we would definitely have stayed dry in these rooms.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor to avoid noise from rooms above. Lots of noise from other rooms. Best room would b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank jah1954
Reviewed 16 November 2011

By all means, I am not the type of person to complain about services. But I was utterly disgusted with my stay at this facility. There were dresser drawers FULL of clothes left behind from previous guests. As I inquired to see if the room was double booked, I was told there was no housekeeping at that hour and was given trash bags to place the clothes in. First of all, I wasn't concerned about the clothes in the drawers nearly as much as I was to have an unwanted guest to surprise me. But I would say the last straw for me was when I went to use the ice bucket and found that it was full of trash/food. I will be taking my business else where.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank County_Gurl
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Listen to the other reviews - this place is horrible. The location is great but they really need to work on this place. I could make a long list of reasons for people not to stay here but I will sum it all up with the "incident" at the restaurant - fleas (yes really fleas) jumped off our dinner plates. We ordered and paid a small fortune for lobster and we had fleas jump off our plates with no apologies, no refund or discount. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Dont' stay here
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
0.5 km away
10.9 km away
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport
12.5 km away
Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns

Been to Trade Winds Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK