“Beautiful location; disappointing meals”

Archer's on the Pier
Ranked #8 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Archer’s on the Pier is located directly on Rockland’s pristine waterfront. Come enjoy an innovative and tasty menu for lunch and dinner created with the best sustainable seafood and local produce. If you stop in on Sunday, we offer a light fare for brunch while you enjoy Jazz playing softly in the background. Sit out on our large deck and watch the windjammers drift by as you relish the fresh sea air. You will also notice the ferry that transports locals and visitors to and from Vinalhaven and North Haven from Rockland’s port.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Archer's on the Pier was recommended by the concierge at our hotel. Upon arrival we found the restaurant crowded, but were seated promptly. Because of the recommendation and the large number of diners, we assumed that we would have at least above average food and service. Unfortunately, it would be a stretch to say that either of our meals was even average. My wive's pasta dish was overcooked and dry and my Haddock dish was undercooked. Service was satisfactory, and the location and view were beautiful. By all appearances this is a popular restaurant, and we may have just made unfortunate menu choices, but we were overall disappointed by our experience.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is recommended by the locals. Seafood fabulous. Service wonderful. Prices comparable to others in the area and on the Harbor. Haddock bites terrific!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Stopped for a late lunch and since we were in Maine on the water expected great lobster. First of all I can get a whole Maine lobster (1.5 lbs +) at almost any restaurant in the country for $39.95 but I assumed we are in Maine so it must be better?? Than I saw on the menu what they called "Lazy Lobster". It was suppose to be the lobster meet from 2 Maine lobsters for $49.95. That sounded fantastic and is what I ordered. When it arrived at the table the lobster was soaked in a reddish butter sauce and the lobster meat must have come from 2 mini-lobsters. The tails split in half were the size of my pinky finger and the reddish butter sauce covered most of the lobster taste. I have had shrimp that were larger. Definitely not worth the $49.95 price in regards to both quality or quantity. To top it off the waitress served us the food and we didn't see her again until she brought the check. Great location but the quality and price are not worth it.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I LOVED my shrimp scampi from last nights dinner. This restaurant came highly recommended from our hotel and she was spot on. My husband enjoyed the award winning King Club (beat Bobby Flay on Throwdown) and it was HUGE and delicious. Food came very quickly from the kitchen. Almost didn’t have time to finish salad. Service was a little slow at first, but she was very friendly and kind.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Hubby and I were there last weekend for an anniversary dinner. As it was Sunday (other places were closed,) and we didn't know the area, we decided to give Archers a try. I was over dressed for how casual it was. It was very noisy and we were packed in so tightly there were several elders failing to maneuver walkers and wheelchairs due to tables being so close together. I had seafood pie which had a slick of butter laying on top. After picking out the seafood I couldn't eat the rest. Hubby had seafood enchiladas which he said were good. When asked how everything was, I mentioned the greasy pie. Our server thanked me for letting her know. That was it. No offer of a discount. I wouldn't expect it to be written off as I did eat about half. It was a very (no, wait,) VERY expensive meal.