“Late lunch”

Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for late lunch. Nice place a little crowded and noisy but food was good. Haddock was terrific buy fries were overcooked oily and limp. Beautiful location.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

People flock to Brass Compass for good reason: consistently good service and good food, especially based on local seafood and other ingredients. My wife, not a seafood lover, had the special fresh blueberry French toast smothered with whipped cream. Fantastic! I had the special lobster eggs Benedict. Very good, despite the eggs being slightly overcooked. The lobster was generous and fresh. The sauce was tasty (I had it on the side). Nice crispy muffin and tasty with contrasting Canadian bacon flavor. Service was great. Only real disappointment were the booths upfront. We elected not to wait extra time for an outside table and were seated in a booth. The benches were worn shabby and uncomfortable to sit on. The tables in the back looked new and bright. The bad booth didn't ruin the experience, but made us wonder, why?

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We sat outside in a great shady patio, and had some fantastic food and excellent service.

Highly recommended!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Went with my family for lunch. Our server was impatient and did not crack a smile once. I got the "Compass seafood platter" for $19.99. Being that we are a block from the ocean, I expected some fresh, delicious seafood. Ugh. The platter came DRIPPING with grease. Inedible. Even the fries were slick. My husband's lobster BLT was ok, but again, the onion strings were SO greasy and icky. One bright spot? The owner was lovely--warm and friendly and came to say hi and check on every table. Maybe the cook was just having an off day, but we will not be back.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in today for breakfast. After perusing the HUGE menu, we both got the Rock City omelette- it was a great choice!! The lobster inside was plentiful, the hollandaise sauce was perfect, and the home fries were delicious! Easily our best meal in town. We would definitely return :)

The service was delightful. Loved our waitress, and let us hang out and drink coffee while the parade. Our waitress even brought us a map of the area. Great experience and a must do in Rockland!