All reviews softest towels heated floors every evening king bed enjoyed our stay breakfast was excellent cheryl mike blueberry pie stayed here next morning ice cream lobster parade suggestions property festival bathroom
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The property was beautiful, room was luxurious and well appointed. Really appreciated the personal welcome at check in and service at breakfast. Pie and breakfast were both delicious! Will definitely consider staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at many B&B over the years.
In order for a new venture to start a B&B it should be mandatory that they spend a couple of nights at the Talbot House.
Wow they really have it together!
Owners and Staff are over the top on accommodating your every need.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Just stayed here in July for the Lobster Festival. Our breakfast was so filling we had no need to eat until dinner. The owners offered us a different breakfast each morning. The exceptional French Toast was the best I ever had anywhere. Among their choices of juice was blueberry. It was delicious. All food was cooked fresh every morning. We stayed in room #2 with an elegant king bed, and the bathroom had such heavy chrome fixtures it fit so well with a home built in the 1850's. The owners were friendly and fun! They even gave us special lobster hats to wear during the town parade, and had chairs saved for all their guest so we would not have to stand for the more than an hour long parade. Each night we had a choice of two fruit pies to choose from before we went to bed. Since wild blueberries were in season quite often there was blueberry pie along with a second choice of Cherry or strawberry. If we wished, we could top it with vanilla ice cream. One more comment, when I got home I realized I had lost my Mac Pro electrical connection. I paid over 85 dollars to replace it, and then the next day UPS delivered my old one. The lovely folks at Rockland Talbot House had found it and immediately sent it to me. How Thoughtful! I was able to return my new one for a full refund and I am now enjoying my computer writing to you, my dear readers, about our wonderful summer in Maine.

Room tip: My husband and I enjoyed being upstairs (2nd floor) Would suspect it was quieter. The Air Conditioning was perfect.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank feetfly1
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Talbot house is hands down the BEST bed and breakfast as well as any hotel I have ever stayed!! The rooms are perfectly appointed and spotless with anything you could possibly need!! Bathroom is awesome with heated floors!! Breakfast was delicious and fresh pie and cream at night a special treat!!
It is in a perfect location - walking distance to Main Street! Very quiet!!
Cheryl and Mike are the perfect hosts and their staff is very friendly!!
Love this place and blessed that I got to spend my 60th birthday week here!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Came with my parents for the Lobster Festival and had the most fantastic time! Cheryl and Mike are exceptional hosts. It was like staying with your favorite aunt and uncle, who have a gorgeous house and a gourmet chef! All the breakfasts were delicious, the whole staff was super nice and helpful and the guest kitchen (stocked with sodas, juice and homemade pies!) was a great treat. The rooms were super quiet and so comfortable, and the bathrooms had the softest towels, heated floors and super fancy showers! We talked to other guests who say they come back every year, and we might have to join them!

• Trip type: Travelled with family