Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews dining room main building charming hotel adirondack chairs tin ceiling lots of character a family run business nice balcony new england in town comfortable room back porch love this place great room tavern pond maine
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2022

Booked a room last October for a wedding in June. Booked a very specific room that was extra money because of the size and locale of it. Called the day before we were supposed to show up and had some questions; and confirmed the room with the very nice and delightful deskperson. She tells me what a nice room choice that was.
The next day we check in. Wife asks specifically that this is the room we asked for and the clerk confirms that is the right one, because the paperwork did not look right.
We head down to the annex rooms overlooking the pond and the room turns out to be a very small not-a-two-room suite like we booked. We head back to the desk with our original paperwork to question the clerk.
AAAAAhh somehow overnight they gave the room we requested to another party the night before? The same night I called to confirm? It seems to me someone was not going to tell us of this and charge us the same amount of money for a much smaller room?
After confirming the "mistake" with my wife they did offer us a room in the main hotel on the second floor (no elevator, bad knees and lots of luggage) for a very small discount I would say.
Main hotel is nice and has lots of character/ charm but not what we wanted. We took the room despite great misgivings about this place now. Every where else booked up because of time of year and the wedding.
The staff I spoke with were very nice and the place was clean. The food in the restaurant was adequate.
They could not explain how they gave our room away as no one would take responsibility for changing the reservation on their computer. Even though I was told that every change had someones name attached to it.
I'm not planning on returning. I would recommend if you get reservations , see the room before you believe it. And yes these reservations were made directly through the Inn not some third party that jerked us around.
Its too bad we are left with this perception of the place because it seemed to have great potential. Kind of tainted our review to the 200 or so people at the wedding we spoke with as well.

Room tip: If you book a room at the pond... good luck getting it.
Date of stay: June 2022
Travis Ferland, Owner at The Rangeley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

We are aware of, and we deeply regret our mistake. The error was made by one of our team members - the first error of its kind in the 9 years I’ve owned The Rangeley Inn. Someone accidentally moved your reservation (months ago) without noticing the difference in the type of room. When you called the night before, the person you spoke with did not pick up on the error. It would not be appropriate for me to identify the individuals, nor would it change the circumstance. We are already working on additional training to prevent this sort of error from happening again. Ultimately, the responsibility is mine.

When the issue was brought to my attention I rushed in from working on the Inn’s grounds to help our front desk team come up with a solution. We thought that we had found a solution you were satisfied with for accommodations - so this review now comes as a surprise. If we knew that you were dissatisfied with the suite we offered, we could have identified different options.

We are not dishonest nor do we employ bait and switch tactics. We always adhere to the exact type of room our guests have reserved - which is why you don’t see more reviews like this. On top of this, we put tremendous effort into accommodating very specific requests for location, view, floor preference, types of bathroom fixtures, type of climate control, number of windows, room amenities, and even the type of flooring. We have guests who return to us multiple times per year who make these kinds of requests, because they are confident in the quality of accommodations and the service that we provide.

I am sorry that we did not resolve this issue to your satisfaction, but I am puzzled that you did not express this to us while you were staying here. While I could not have undone our error, I would like to have had the opportunity to improve your experience with us.

Reviewed 1 November 2021

We stayed in a balcony king room suite with a whirlpool. The room was very spacious with a nice balcony that looked over a small pond in the back. The bathroom was very modern and spacious. The only downside of the whirlpool tub as there is no standing shower, just a sitting hand shower. The inn is a beautiful building with some nice lobby areas. The dining room is a lovely space that is open for optional breakfast. The inn is on the main street in town allowing for a easy walk to restaurants and the lovely city park on the lake. Unfortunately the dining room was not available for meals other than breakfast due to staffing shortages in the area but there are other alternatives near by.

1  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed 29 October 2021

We reserved a room at Haley Lodge, overlooking the water. When we got into the room, it smelled overwhelmingly of dog. Both my husband and I are allergic to them, and being around dog dander can cause us to have an asthma attack. So I called the front desk and asked if this was a pet-friendly room. She assured me that it wasn’t. After coming back from dinner, the smell had not abated and my husband started having breathing problems. I called the front desk and explained the situation and she offered us a room in the main inn. Thankfully, we really hadn’t unpacked much, so we dragged our suitcases to the main building. I wasn’t happy when we got there to find a line at the front desk. However, the lady at the front desk was terrific and she came out right away and gave us the keys to our new room. Thankfully, the room was clean and dog-free. I don’t know what they use to deodorize the rooms, presumably something disinfecting because of Covid, but it stinks terribly. That was the one bad thing about our new room. When I checked out, the lady apologized for our experience, which was nice. She said that sometimes people bring their dogs in without telling them. She said that she had another person scheduled for our original room (after us) who is allergic to dogs, and she had to move her somewhere else. I wish that dog owners who do this kind of thing understood the impact they have on other people. I know they don’t smell their animals after they live with them for a while, but that isn’t true for the rest of us. Some of us have medical reasons why we can’t be around them.

Date of stay: October 2021
Travis Ferland, Owner at The Rangeley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2021

I'm very sorry that you encountered these issues during your visit. As someone who has pet allergies I empathize. First, I'm disappointed that we didn't recognize the pet odor issue before you checked in. Second, that your new room also had an odor from the cleaning products. It might be that housekeeping had just finished cleaning it - we would have been happy to try a third room if you wished! However, I am pleased to hear that our front desk associate handled the situation so well.

Thank you for sharing your experience - it is important for our visitors to understand why pets are permitted in some rooms and not in others, regardless of size or breed.

I hope you'll pay us another visit and that you'll have a better experience!

Reviewed 16 October 2021

Beds are comfortable. Rooms clean. Staff friendly. Grounds are spectacular. Breakfast was lovely. We sat outside on some adirondack chairs and watched a great blue heron in the large pond out back. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2021

One of my favorite things about The Rangeley Inn is how close our property is to nature - whether it's the deer in our field at night, the beaver lodges on Haley Pond, or the numerous kinds of birds. I'm happy that you had an opportunity to witness this - and also that you enjoyed the hotel!

Reviewed 27 September 2021

Absolutely charming hotel in the middle of town.
We met Travis, the owner, and his genuine love of the property and enthusiastic plans for the future were inspiring.
We stayed in the separate motel area where the back porch faced Hadley Pond which was sometimes busy with water fowl but otherwise quiet and peaceful.
The dining room was only open for breakfast d/t Covid but offered plenty of options and the food was excellent.
We followed the recommendations of the young lady at the front desk and walked down the street for dinner then on for a stroll around Rangeley Lake.
There is hiking within walking distance and the State Park is an easy drive.
We would have liked to stay longer but they were completely booked for a wedding.
We're looking forward to a return trip in the near future.

Date of stay: August 2021

Thank you so much! The Rangeley Inn is a special place - the last of the grand hotels in the Rangeley Lakes Region. It has been very rewarding to see the results of my restoration work and to share this unique hotel with our visitors. We hope to see you again soon!