We are currently staying here and having an amazing time. We have a private three bedroom cabin. The upper floor has the master bedroom (double bed) with private bathroom. The bedrooms downstairs have two single beds in one and another double bed in the other. The cabin is well maintained and has all the necessary creature comforts for a family vacation ( full size washer and dryer, full kitchen, etc). There is a grate style open grill at each cabin as well. The property is dog friendly for a small fee ($35/ dog..limit 2). The individual cabins are extremely private and most of them are surrounded by trees.
We are a short walk down the limestone roads of the property to the lake (2 mins). I don't believe any of the rental cabins have a lake view but the scenery is so gorgeous anyway it doesn't bother us a bit. The kids (4,6 and 9) really enjoy splashing around in the water near the docks that lead to deeper swimming water. There are canoes and kayaks available to take out on the lake as well. It was a gorgeous Sunday and we felt as if we had the lake mostly to ourselves. The lake is teeming with wildlife. The kids particularly enjoyed getting to see the ducks and ducklings, butterflies, etc. There is also a bonfire pit near the waters edge with firewood supplied by the resort.
The workout room is not part of the resort, but a shared community center in town with guest access. The indoor pool is a short walk regardless of where you are, located at the main lodge.
The only reason I wouldn't rate this property a five star is for mattress quality. My husband weighs 200, myself 125 and I spent all night rolling into him. We typically sleep on a tempurpedic and this wasn't just different, it was annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rangeley Lake Resort is a four-season vacation destination in Maine where each season offers a variety of opportunities for vacationers. In the spring, fishermen flock to Rangeley’s lakes, rivers and streams while moose emerge from the forest to enjoy the lush growth. Summer is ideal for hiking, canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, fishing, golf, tennis, mountain biking, ATV excursions and more. Fall foliage is exceptionally beautiful in this part of the country with brilliant colors and crisp weather. Snow bunnies flock to Rangeley in the winter for snowmobiling, skiing, snow shoeing and many other winter activities. The area is home to the Saddleback Maine alpine skiing area as well as Sugarloaf, New England’s premier golf and ski resort.You can also enjoy all that’s offered right at your doorstep, including a clubhouse with a heated swimming pool, hot tubs and a cedar sauna. There is also a fully equipped fitness facility for use by guests at no charge. In the evenings you can retreat to your private cabin to enjoy modern comforts and amenities in a rustic woodsy setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Hotel Rangeley
- Rangeley Lake Hotel
- Rangeley Lake Resort, a Festiva Resort Maine