“Great week on Mooselook!!!”

Review of Steiman

Lower Level living area with 2 Bunks
Lower Level Bathroom
Firepit
Wooded path to water
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MaryEliza...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful lake and property but...”
Reviewed 23 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The best thing about this rental was the beautiful lake! It was beautiful! We loved the décor,the extra refrigerator in the sunroom, the outdoor porch and especially the fire pit! The dock was a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the sunrise and listen to the loons. The con's would be the sleeping arrangement. Its listed that it can sleep 12 but its more like 6 because the walkout basement is not suitable for sleeping. It was soo musty and the rugs were damp. The humidifier and the random moisture absorber that were randomly put through the room unfortunately did not help. All 6 ppl who slept down there woke up smelling musty. I felt like this could be a health issue for anyone with breathing issues. Everyone was moved upstairs. Also the Grill was in bad shape. It seem to be missing part of the burners so only part of it work but we made due. Overall we loved the place, but for the amount of people and the price we paid we would most likely rent another property.We did address this with the Rental company, Morton and Furbish and they quickly responded, thank you for that!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
30 Jul 2018
The beginning of July was very hot and muggy so we thought that is what was going on with the basement. The dehumidifier has always kept up in the past. Our maintenance man went down after this guest left and realized the dehumidifier was not working properly. The filter needed to be changed. Once the filter was changed it seems to be working well now. Our maintenance man checked it again on Sunday 7/29 and said the basement did not smell and seemed ready and fresh to him. The grill was purchased late last summer, so it is less then a year old and just needed some tweaking and maintenance. Our maintenance man checked that again on 7/29 and everything seems to be operating correctly now. Please know that any issues guests have during their stay we will do our BEST to solve ASAP. We feel awful this family dealt with a musty basement because we want everyone that stays with us to have a fantastic vacation! :):)
Jennifer...
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“yes and no”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The highlight of this rental (for my family and for me) was the lovely lakefront. This is a beautiful property in terms of the land and waterfront. We swam daily, used the row boat, and enjoyed the fabulous fire place. However, for the price (@2600 per week after all fees) I expected a top notch, great condition unit/house. Instead, my family felt the house was "tired." My husband patched the hole in the row boat successfully. The bedrooms were perfectly fine upstairs, but the basement area, which sleeps about 6, was fairly damp and I would argue would benefit from a better humidifier. Too, the tap water (well water?) was cloudy and off color. The toilets were markedly stained. This is life in the woods, but I have never had this experience before with the water in the many years I have stayed in this area. The grill outside also was not in working order. Again, all of this is understandable, but for the price, my family will not rent this house again. In sum, it is a beautiful lake front - we felt fortunate to be there - and Morton and Furbish is wonderful and responsive! But, for us, we will likely choose a different Morton and Furbish house next time around.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
28 Sep 2015
Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. I spoke to the owner of the property and we both are committed to making her home a wonderful vacation rental for families inside and out. We will make sure the housekeepers check and empty the dehumidifier between renters (she said that should eliminate the musty smell in the basement). Also, she plans to research the cloudiness in her water this fall. We will make sure next spring to do an inspection of the home before our first guest arrives. The grill should be in working order, and if not our housekeepers are supposed to report that to us. Sorry again for you experience at this home, and we hope to see you next summer!! Have a wonderful day. Beth :)
NJ

person found this review helpful

Otisfield Maine
Reviewed 15 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing