“Comfortable, convenient and affordable”

Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Hancock, Maine
“Comfortable, convenient and affordable”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I have been staying at the Presque Isle on and off for the past several months while in Presque Isle on business. I am happy to stay at the motel every time I am in town, The rooms are well equiped, very clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel indoor pool is a very big plus, the pool is very clean and a pleasure to use. I have not used the hotel fittness center myself but it is one of only two such centers in town and I regularly see many local people come to the hotel to use the equipment. It is free to hotel guests. I have stayed at all the most popular hotels in town and the Presque Isle Inn is the best priced and the best value for my hotel dollar. The hotel staff have always been very responsive to my needs. I highly recommed this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My family and I stayed here last week during our vacation. There was some sort of racing convention during the same time that had the rooms booked at all the other hotels. This property is pretty dated and therefore isn't ADA accessible or 100% smoke-free, which posed a problem for my mom who has breathing problems and benefits from the use of an elevator. It's very 70's looking. Aside, the staff was really nice and tried to be as accommodating as possible. My room had two double beds and was comfortable. My housekeeper, Lacie, kept it quite clean. The toilet malfunctioned a couple of times by not wanting to flush properly. The water drained very slowly when I took a shower. I couldn't do anything about the property being old so I made the best of it. It could've been worse. This place will seriously need to improve to compete with the new Hampton Inn just down the street. At least upgrade the soft goods and the televisions. Not all of the desks even have actual task chairs.

Room Tip: -You must request a non-smoking room to get one as this property is not 100% smoke-free.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had a horrible stay here. The third floor smelled horrible of cigarettes even though we booked a non smoking room. When I called I was told the charge was $89/night...when we checked in we were told the rate was $109 because they got busy. Our hot water didn't work in the shower. There are no bathrooms in the pool area so the kids had to go to our rooms to go to the bathroom. When I checked in I asked to be with our group of 6 other booking rooms on the third floor, I was told there were no rooms on the third floor, others from my group went to check in minutes after me and got on the third floor. I then called the hotel to see about switching our room and did get it switched. The bar closed at 11. We will not be returning

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Murray2004

Travellers are raving about these Presque Isle hotels

Vermont
Reviewed 10 July 2012

PI Inn is old, and does need some upgrades. The girl at the front desk was friendly, and helpful. She even came out to see our Schnauzers. The room was clean, but there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, but you could get one for a nominal fee. Most places they are standard. They are "pet friendly", and fee was just $25 per stay. We ate on premises at Gram Russo's, because of our dogs. The prices weren't bad, but the meals could have been better, especially breakfast, and service was slow.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Schnauzer2
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Rooms could've been a little cleaner. A bit dated. Breakfast was good. Does have an indoor pool but never went in so I don't know how it is. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012
24.7 km away
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK