All reviews commercial street valet parking great location typical courtyard old port becky's diner within walking distance harbor view room rooms are modern portland downtown waterfront free shuttle per day starbucks coffee valet staff shuttle service would stay here again directly across the street
Reviewed 13 March 2016

The hotel is located across the street from the harbor. There are buildings across the street so it is not a completely open view. You will feel the sea air blowing. The hotel is located on the far end of Commercial St. but it is a convenient walk to all of the shopping, the music venues, the arena. The rooms are spacious and VERY clean. I appreciate the faint odor of bleach on the sheets and towels. (Bleach - the ultimate sanitizer). The front desk staff and this time especially the valet staff are highly accommodating and pleasant. All questions or concerns are addressed. You will hear hallway noise but it is usually not an issue.

Room tip: Water views are lovely (you will look over a building)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2HVTRAV4
Aaron M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

2havtrav4,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel. We do take pride in maintaining our hotel and we are pleased to know that you noticed that. Thank you very much for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

We stayed here for one night after visiting family in Kennebunk. This is a really great hotel and convenient to everything Portland has to offer. It's location on Commercial Street in the Old Port makes most places in town walkable. We had dinner on Middle Street and walked there in 15 minutes. The hotel itself is very new, has a modern/contemporary feel and was extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool is great as was the jacuzzi. It doesn't offer free breakfast with the room and that was a little disappointing. It was also a little unclear where to pull in and check in. The sign on Commercial Street to Guest services points to the front of the building, but the door with the valet ($18/day for parking) and closest to the main desk is actually in the back of the hotel. The free internet is a little slow for watching movies and the hotel charges $6.95 for higher speed access. Overall, this Courtyard Marriot was very comfortable and we had a nice night here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Aaron M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

ChrisSchmitt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the information regarding the valet parking and the confusion that it may cause. As for the breakfast and internet, these are strategies that are in direct correlation with the Courtyard Brand initiatives that all Courtyards are responsible for providing, but i will definitely take the feedback. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I stayed at this property while in town for a job interview. Such a comfortable and wonderful stay. Excellent location, lovely waterfront views. Easy to find/a short drive from the airport. FREE parking across the street. Refrigerator for snacks and leftovers. Nice pool and hot tub where I unwound in the evening. The staff, particularly housekeeping, always seemed to be smiling. Friendly "good morning's" and "hello's" definitely helped calm my nerves. Allison at the front desk, who had only been working at the Marriott for a few weeks, was so helpful and enthusiastic/pleased to have been hired. She went above and beyond to insure that my boarding pass printed properly--there was an issue with printer for hotel guests. If I ever find myself in Portland again, I will definitely stay here. Thanks!

2  Thank Pageofthebackstairs

Pageofthebackstairs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We hope to send you congratulations on the job in the future. We are so happy that you had a chance to come and stay with us, and its great to read the comments about our team here at the hotel. You are correct, Allison is a great addition to our team and definitely brings an enthusiasm for this industry. Thank you again for reviewing and we hope travel does bring you back to the area in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Stayed here one night to attend a concert at the State Theatre. Upon arrival, it took me a few minutes to figure out exactly where to enter the place/valet my car (minimal signage around the building) which was a bit confusing. Literally had to meter park to run into the lobby and ask someone. Finally found Mr. Valet, a young man with a scowl. No warm, fuzzy feeling of a welcome from this guy. Anyway, away went my car and my $18 bucks (really can't complain, they are one of the cheaper valet prices downtown)--Check in was friendly. The general lobby area reminds me of an airport. Not really my vibe, but it's very simple. No continental breakfast here. They have a bar with starbucks coffee (my teens were a little bummed that they do not offer any type of latte, frozen drink etc...its just the coffee). Pool is very small, but hot tub was good sized and very nice. Note the pool room itself is tiny though, two young boys sounded like 100 as they played in the water (I didn't mind, I have kids) but I could see this being a problem for a couple looking to chill a bit. We got a standard double. Room was clean and comfortable on 2nd floor which gives you a great view of Commercial Street parking ;-) Bathroom was immaculate with a walk in glass shower. Free Wifi worked great. They offered free shuttle service to the theatre and back, which was timely and efficient. Driver was very nice although he had no idea what time the Portland Pie Company (directly across the street) was open until on a Friday night. (12 midnight FYI)--told us it was closed at 10. Thank god for google because we were starving! LOL Really can't complain, this is a great place to stopover, but if you're looking to make it a vacation, you may want to look around.

Room tip: Upper floors to see harbor.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Aaron M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Callily,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very happy that for the most part you had a nice experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you and your family were not able to enjoy the lattes that we do make at our hotel, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so next time I hope that we don't miss that opportunity to make you one. Thank you for the comments concerning valet and signage, we will definitely look into options regarding that. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to get you back here again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

After numerous drive-bys on I-95 for business, this was my first overnight stay in Portland. This hotel was a great base to get to know the city. Very new and shiny...the staff was very friendly and helpful. I forget the woman's name at the front desk that recommended Street and Co. for dinner...thank you! I will be back with my family in tow next time.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Aaron M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Eric H
We are very happy you chose to stay with us in Portland for leisure. Its tough to make a bad recommendation in a city like Portland, but Street and Co., is definitely one of the best around and my personal favorite. We cant wait to have you back, and thank you for reviewing our hotel!