“Everything. Was. Perfect! Look no further, go here.”
Review of Central Provisions

Central Provisions
Ranked #15 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2018

One of the highest compliments you can pay a restaurant as a visitor to the City of Portland is that we went here 3 times in 3 days. My girlfriend and I are adventurous eaters and typically don't go back the same restaurant often, preferring to try as many menus as we can during our trips. We came here on the recommendation of local bartenders and sat at the Chef's counter for lunch, which in my opinion is the best seat in the house.

From the moment we were greeted, the entire tone of the restaurant was friendly, professional and calm. The food was executed to perfection, bursting with flavor, and each item followed the previous one with impeccable timing. The pricing is very reasonable, especially is you are someone who understands that an $18 Tuna Crudo is better than a $10 one for many reasons. For the record, the Tuna Crudo here is one of the best I've ever had. The pricing is really about whether you're someone who wants their mozzarella fried and in stick form ($7 and indigestion), or as a Maplebrook Farm Burrata with fresh strawberries, golden raisins and black olive relish ($17 and happy memories).

We came back again on a Monday night, hoping to grab a few quick items before a concert and were happily directed to the downstairs area where there is a standing area with a pleasantly sized rail for you to stand by. The restaurant was busy but not hectic. We ordered four items, and they were brought promptly, coursed perfectly, and our server was friendly, available and totally in control.

I can't praise the team at Central Provisions enough for how well they execute this concept. The Chefs and cooks are industry professionals who send beautiful food out of a tight (and impressively clean) kitchen at a rapid pace. The serving staff is knowledgeable, energetic and genuinely happy to work there. Even the support staff in the back were aware of cleaning and prepping at a noise level that didn't insert itself into the dining room. Many thanks from two greatful guests!!

1  Thank Bryan A

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Small plates are decent, if you can tolerate the rude waitstaff. If I had to do it again I would give my money and my patronage to another one of Portland’s fine establishments. Do yourself a favor and do the same.

1  Thank Shannon K
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Loved trying the many dishes that were so delicious and incorporated ingredients that I would not have thought of to put together. They are small dishes, but it allowed us to try six items of the menu. The beet salad was fabulous, but my favorite was the halibut and fried cauliflower. Small menu, but a good selection.

Few tables, so we left our name and the texted us 10 minutes before the table was ready. Worth the wait. Quaint and rustic.

1  Thank eloquentone1
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

So this is clearly a tourist trap restaurant said you are a local you know it’s over rated, super pricey and the staff is not very friendly at all. So many other places in Portland just blocks away from this place that are so much better and have much better service and the pricing is much better.
If your visiting Portland don’t be in a rush to go here as explore other tapa restaurants as there are many and much better.

3  Thank Y1258KQricharda
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Food and service were great. We had a cocktail and shared some small plates for lunch. My husband loved the haddock sandwich and the cauliflower and chickpeas were delicious! Nice ambience and we didn’t have to wait long for a table!