“We travel 100 miles just to eat here!”
Review of Silly's

Silly's
Ranked #48 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: can you change the hours closed Monday and Tuesday wed thurs fri 11-9 sat and sun 9-9 I can't get it to work..thanks colleen
Reviewed 23 December 2009

This is probably our favorite restaurant, period. Their food is about as handmade as it gets. I ordered a bacon pizza and the thing was covered with what must have been 1/2 lb of full strips of bacon. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen or eaten! Pure comfort food is the best way to describe it. Everything we've tried we've fallen in love with. Their hand cut fries, fried pickles, pizzas, chicken fingers, and of course their desserts! Their rice krispy treats, cakes, SHAKES, ice cream cookie sandwiches are all to die for. Ambiance is tough to describe--retro/eclectic... Only complaint, if you could call it that, is that it's too cramped inside, tough parking sometimes, and the fact that they're not a chain restaurant yet and we have to drive 100 miles to eat there! We've been dining there now for 5 years and truly look forward to every visit to Portland just to go there. You have to try them-you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 September 2009

This out of the way cafe serves amazingly good food, big portions, reasonable prices. There are lots of options for Vegetarians, Vegans, and Gluten-Free folks. There are also meat (chicken, lamb, etc) choices. This may seem like a "hippy" place, but it is delicious! Take the atmosphere with a sense of fun and enjoy your meal.

And, whatever you do, try the milkshakes!!!

1  Thank Traveling_Dragon
Reviewed 15 August 2009

You don't come to Silly's for gourmet food. You come for the fun, the silly atmosphere, the abundance of choices and options - whether greasy American, vegetarian, and vegan. My son always gets the Hippie shake and adores it. (I tried a Silk soy shake, and shouldn't have gotten it with malt...too earthy tasting LOL). I agree with a prior review that the Thai noodles were too gooey, my son's BQ pizza was over-full and had to be eaten with a knife and fork, and my husband's pasta, cheese, and fried chicken bake was not quite a mac-n-chz experience. But think of it all as comfort food, and you'll leave happy. Besides, the wait staff was MUCH better here than at some of the supposedly upscale Portland restaurants!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2009

I'm a local. I've eaten at all the restaurants, but I always come back to Silly's. I seriously don't understand the bad reviews. The staff is awesome, hilarious even! The owner is so creative and her food is just plain amazing! Sometimes they are really busy, and the food takes a few more minutes, but I've had this happen to me at 5 star restaurants. Try it for yourself. The menu is so diverse and there are choices for vegans, and those who need to eat gluten free

Reviewed 10 May 2009

We went to Sillys and had the Nachos which were burnt and dry without much salsa at all. Apparently the "vegan" fried foods are cooked in the same oil that the meat things are cooked in. I got the Thai vegan noodle which was dry and gluey. Very gross. I was hungry and pretty much left it and then ate when I got home. My husband some kind of chicken that was dry and he didn't like it and he is a pretty non-discriminating eater!