“Cute concept place -- food just OK”
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #12 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We decided to have dinner at Flatbread because of the great TA reviews, proximity to our hotel, and their location on the water. I took some pictures of the interior of place, which is warm and attractive. The bar runs down one side, and the open kitchen and wood-fired hearth is on the other side. We had a table for two in the rear, with a water view. My husband ordered a local beer and I had a glass of pinot grigio (one drink each). The server was nice, but did not offer or bring out glasses of water. We decided to share their basic organic salad, for $7.50. It comes with baby greens, celery, and shredded carrots. If you wish to add another vegetable, like sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, or red peppers, it costs $1.25 per additional veggie item, or $2.50 for two items. The salad was fresh and tasty, but very basic. We decided to share the large nitrate-free pepperoni & mushroom flatbread. It was a large serving, adequate for two people. The crust was crisp around the outside edges, but very soft in the middle. The pepperoni was used sparingly, and the mushrooms were very finely chopped, not sliced, which I think contributed to the slightly soggy presentation. We either had to use knife and fork or roll/fold the slices like a sandwich to eat it. The taste was OK, except for the pepperoni, which I found to be extremely salty. The bill before tip came to $46, so expect to pay over $50 for two to eat here. I would look at it as more of a place for the bar scene, and less of a great dinner venue. They did have a musician playing guitar on a Monday evening. So it was OK, but not worth all the hype, we thought.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We had a delightful dining experience at Flatbread. The salad was so fresh with a really unique dressing. Pizza was very flavorful and all the ingredients were amazing! Great craft beers a plus!

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We went here as a family. We like pizza but it was chewy and burnt, and we did expect there to be something on the menu other than pizza and salad. It was a bit over price for what it was. I don't understand how a place like this has so many excellent reviews and is #4 in restaurants in Portland.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

From the menu listing of many exotic toppings and combinations I thought the pizza was going to be amazing. But it turned out to be pretty average and under-seasoned. I had to keep adding oregano to give it any flavor. But I did appreciate that they served the food quickly. The service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

First time visit. Definitely a place I would go back to. The Flatbread pizzas are really delicious, not greasy, very flavorful, and real diverse tastings on the menu. We had three different ones, and each was really good, and btw a small one is a good size for one person. I would have given them 5 stars if they also cleaned the floor under the table, not fun to step in tissues and some dropped food.