1,661 results
All reviewstown cargarden viewchocolate lobsterfire pithoneymoon suiteold portcar serviceportland harborstarbucks coffeeturn down servicewharf streetvalet parkingstreet noisebeautiful hotelperfect locationluxury hotelfore street
Reviewed 2 July 2017

You want to stay here if you are looking for a classic, upscale Portland hotel. I recommend staying in a garden view room that overlooks their courtyard, the street view rooms can be a tad noisy on the weekends. The fire pit in the courtyard offers bar service and is a nice getaway to unwind after a long day.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I would highly recommend the location and the hotel. The room was wonderful. We brought our two dogs, and were happy to have such a comfortable place to stay with them. However, in spite of my efforts to notify the hotel of our bringing the dogs (phone call inquiring about policies and informing them of our upcoming stay) no note was made on our reservation, so there was a certain amount of shuffling to find us an appropriate room upon our arrival. In addition, I was not informed over the phone of the fee per pet. This is not acceptable. However, I would certainly consider returning to the property given how much we enjoyed the room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I ordered the Romantic Bathturndown enhancement for $65+ tax. It never happened. We were sent up, around 4:30 or so, a little bottle of mediocre red wine with cheese and crackers, no chocolate covered strawberries. We later went out to dinner, and I was so excited to surprise my fiance with a drawn hot tub, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries upon return! I told her not to get dessert at Street and Co. because we had something special waiting for us. Imagine my disappointment when we came back to the room, and nothing. Absolutely nothing. When I went downstairs, I was told it was delivered, had to argue, told there was a $10 difference in what I received in the red wine/cheese and crackers, which I did not order and thought was complimentary for my fiance's birthday, like good hotels do, but no. After arguing with the manager for several minutes, he finally took the turn down off my bill. Not only did I have to argue to have it removed, nothing was done to make the situation correct. A couple of glasses of champagne, or chocolate strawberries, should have been sent up to my room. Nothing, absolutely nothing for ruining the night. Incredibly amateur.

Had to argue with manager about the enhancement I ordered that I never received. I never received the Romantic Bathturndown and he was trying to tell me the small bottle of wine with some cheese and crackers was the same as getting our jacuzzi drawn with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. He said there was a $10 difference. He clearly doesn't understand customer service and it was about the overall experience.

Not only will I not be recommending this hotel, I will strongly suggest to the contrary. I book a suite, book an enhancement...and the romantic bathturndown never happens?! Then have to argue with the manager? Absolutely inexcusable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ryankF5000IZ
Reviewed 27 June 2017

When I checked out on a Monday, from what I thought was a day early from my reservation, I notice that my bill said the first night was a NO SHOW and I did check in on Saturday & Sunday, so the entire reservation was charged to me. When I mentioned that I was supposed to check in on Saturday and stay Sunday and Monday, so I was entitled to a one day relief, the MOD said he would check and someone would get back to me. Well, the reservation person did walk to me only to find out they were correct and I stupidly made the reservation for what they showed. She said she would try to get a gift certificate for the one day, but I have never heard back from them. Also, I asked why I was not told upon checking in and they said it was policy NOT to tell the customer!! I know why. I would have settle the error there and then and without some sort of agreement, I would have left with my tail between my legs and gone across the street to HYATT to lick my wounds. So, my hotel stay was okay and the hotel okay, except for the light bulb by the ground floor elevator was not working so it looked like a sub-prime facility. Also, the way you enter this hotel is into their garage for check in so you are almost at their mercy to valet park even though just around the corner is a public garage under their hotel.
So, sorry for being wordy, but I would NOT recommend this hotel for their POOR business practices and the way they try to upcharge you. The HYATT is caddy corner and looks a lot younger, physically and mentally.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DJBradachNaples_FL
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The Westin is located just far enough from the harbor to avoid the aroma of a wharf but close enough to walk to everything like nightlife, restaurants and boutiques.
The hotel is well appointed and very modern, clean and welcoming

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple