1,076 results
All reviews armory lounge milk street steam room old port historical hotel complimentary coffee valet parking perfect location within walking distance turn down service two blocks valet service each morning hotel restaurant third floor new england shops and restaurants
Reviewed 10 October 2015

My wife stayed here for two nights in one of the rooms with a little deck. It is a cozy hotel with fine staff and a terrific location. The room is comfortable and provides a quiet dark sleep.

The small work out area is quite good and the jacuzzi and steam room are a real treat.

Don't come here looking for a 4 star hotel. As people have previously mentioned, the woodwork in the hotel needs to be replaced and other areas are showing age. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and the good far outweighs some of the things like run down wood or slipping the bill under the...neither of which you will find in the top hotels in New England.

I would definitely stay here again. We had a nice time and I thought it was a fair value.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

The place is run down and old the only thing it has going for it is the balcony off the room but even that isn't anything special. They say the bathrooms are updated! Certainly not by my standards! I am extremely disappointed and wish we could leave now, I would consider this place dumpy the bar area smells and is dark and dingy the furniture all needs to be updated I would definitely skip this hotel there has got to be something better!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnnandJohn
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Everything about this hotel was the BEST! The staff, valet, spa, the rooms, and how centrally located to all the sites--everything was really the BEST!
My husband and I stayed at Room 420, (this had the balcony seating, which every night, we would drink our coffee/tea and just relax, and enjoy the view) there was a small party next door, and we didn't even hear them till their party went out to the balcony, and equally enjoyed the view from there. The only time we heard anything was the occasional kid(s) running up and down the hallways at like 9am.
The hotel was a bit of a maze to navigate, however the ambiance and how comfortable the hotel was--we didn't mind this.

The spa which located on the ground floor, (which the elevator opens right to them)
My husband got the "signature massage" which was trio combination of the hot stones, deep tissue, and Swedish massage, I got the hot stones massage. This was amazing! We actually were still relaxed even when we got home to Upstate NY, ( we stayed from Thursday and left Saturday afternoon) Though it was a bit pricey for both of the massages, it was well worth it!

Some tips--spend the $12 dollars a night for the valet parking, we checked the surrounding the garages and they were $37 dollars night! Since the hotel is centrally located get your walking shoes on, and walk about 1-2 miles to shops and local eats. And trust me when I say, you'll need to walk off some of the calories from all the local eats around. Every food faire your palate craves, Downtown Portland will have and then some! Across the street from the hotel was Vena's Fizz house--a natural soda (non-alcoholic and alcohol) joint--GO here!!! The bartenders were friendly, hilarious, and made great suggestions.

Room Tip: fourth floor with balconies--spend the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stay here as frequently as possible and we have never had anything but great experiences at this hotel! The staff is highly trained and very accommodating and the spa and gym are top notch! If you are familiar with the old port then you also know this beautiful historic hotel could not be in a better location.Love this place and it will always be our go to hotel in the old port.

Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank Journey548721
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Located in the heart of Portland near shopping and restaraunts. Staff are very helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Excellent fitness facility and spa which includes steam room and sauna. Definitely would stay there again of visiting Portland.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple