“Not so "fit to eat"”
Review of Fit to Eat - CLOSED

Fit to Eat
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

As a person who works in a restaurant I have a bit of advice for the staff here. Remember that you work in an open kitchen. That means I can see you making my food. So when I see you making my sandwich, please wear a pair of gloves. It's just gross, you just touched my money (I gave you a tip. And, I even had the trip advisor app clearly open on my phone when I placed it on the counter to give you my order.). I was unhappy with my meal before it was even served. What I really wanted to do was walk up to the counter and ask for my money back. But I took it in stride, ate my sandwich as quickly as possible, and hoped that you had washed your hands when my back was turned...

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Casual sandwich spot. Fun, friendly staff. Good variety of sandwiches. Several choices of breads. We tried one sandwich on a wrap and another on focaccia. Both were freshly made with quality ingredients. They are only open for lunch, and a little difficult to find-but worth finding.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Locals who wanted something in the Old Port Area to kill time until the ferry launch. Near the Hyatt Regency. Delicious soups and nice sandwiches with daily homemade breads-focaccia,Tuscan, or wrap. Very casual eat- in for a quick bite.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We never would have seen this place had we not taken a short cut walking down Market St. I think they need to think about a little better signage or a sandwich board on the sidewalk to direct people’s attention to their location. We were looking for a good lunch spot and their featuring of wraps and salads with local ingredients got our attention. We were there on a Sunday at lunch and got a nice window seat looking down Market St. The staff was very good and prompt with our order. I’d highly recommend this as your next lunch stop if you are in the old port and looking for something healthy and fun.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Best sandwich in a long time! Bread made fresh on site. I highly recommend this place. A precious view from my table through layers of the Old Port right down to the water. And the staff couldn't have been friendlier. A gem of a place I found by accident when really hungry.

2  Thank cynergy207