“Amazing!”
Review of Sticky Sweet

Sticky Sweet
Ranked #120 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 8
Description: Serving up SWEET STICKY RICE & house-made, small-batch DAIRY-FREE ICE CREAM. Organic & local ingredients when possible. Located in the Public Market House.
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Tried the blueberry sticky rice and maple sea salt ice cream. Both were amazing! The flavors were perfect and just the right amount of sweetness. It's definitely worth checking out. I'll be back to try the other flavors.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I was craving an ice cream on my break from work, but really shouldn't have dairy. I happened to take a walk down to Monument Square and lo and behold!: a sign outside the Market House that said "non dairy" ice cream so I checked it out and tasted and ordered the salted maple in a waffle cone. Coconut-based, it was delicious AND safe for my tummy. The girl at the counter was also sweet! Next trip will be the mango sticky rice!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

On a food tour we came across Sticky Sweet. With fresh Maine blueberries, Thai sticky rice and coconut milk it is a new favorite! If I HAD to compare it to anything, I'd say rice pudding. But it's so much better. The rice, milk and blueberries are addicting! They also have mango and other flavors.
Started by two sisters it is an authentic version of a Thai treat. Highly recommend. Not that easy to get to but you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Not too sure about this at first and a little reluctant to try it ........sticky rice with fruit? There were Several to choose from....I chose blueberries since Maine is famous for them.
Well, after just one delicious bite the four of us became instant fans....this is simply delicious. Everyone finished every last rice grain....it is somewhere between a snack and light dessert. This "restaurant" is on the second floor of an old building which has been turned into a food court ....there are stairs and an elevator. It is bare bones food court but the two places we stopped at were outstanding. We cannot wait to return.
As usual with Portland, find the closest spot you can and plan on walking...good food....good exercise. The owner is justly proud of what they have created.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Yummy!!!! I took a food tour in the old port and we stopped here. I was prepared to sample but was unsure if this food was for me. Boy was I wrong. Sticky rice is fabulous!! Not at all what I expected. If you are ever in the area you have to give this a try.