Just returned home, very sad to have left the Chadwick.
What a fantastic B&B. Scot has made this B&B a true home away from home. With plenty of board games and DVD's for the quiet nights in, and with a fantastic selection of wines and extra amenities for the room, the Chadwick truly is a special place. We stayed here for two nights to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. The room was extremely comfortable. Another guest wrote in the guestbook that the bed felt "as though it hugs you" and we couldn't agree more!
Breakfast was INCREDIBLE. Day one's offering included french toast stuffed with brie, pear and fresh rosemary. Day two's offering included quiche made with goat cheese, caramelized onions and fresh thyme. We had arrived in Portland with many brunch recommendations in hand. We never made it to any of them. Why go, when this fabulous breakfast came with our stay?
We cannot recommend this place enough. Go! Go now! (Also of note: very LGBT friendly.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CHADWICK BED & BREAKFAST: The New Standard of Bed & Breakfast LuxuryThe perfect Portland getaway, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast provides thoughtful touches that invite a sense of pampering and romance in unsurpassed comfort and elegance. With endless events and activities offered in the Greater Portland area, you can keep active or spend time relaxing in the comfort of this classically appointed home away from home. Do as little or as much as you like.Whether visiting Maine for a long weekend, vacation, rest and relaxation, honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or on business, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast strives to provide a level of personal service that goes above and beyond, leaving you with a rich and memorable experience.Innkeeper & Owner E Scot Fuller, Assistant Innkeeper Adam Alfter, and the rest of The Chadwick Staff take great pride in providing tastefully appointed guest rooms—each with a private bathroom—beautifully landscaped grounds, and a five-star gourmet breakfast each and every morning. We can’t wait to have you experience it for yourself!Within walking distance, you’ll find Portland’s finest galleries, museums, theaters, shops, and restaurants. Guests often use The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast as a base for traveling to other nearby locations such as the Lakes Region of Western Maine, the rugged coastline of Acadia National Park, the sandy beaches of Southern Maine, and the breathtaking White Mountains of New Hampshire.Shoppers and restaurant enthusiasts alike will find whatever they are looking for not only downtown but just a car ride away in Freeport, Kittery, Bar Harbor, and Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chadwick Hotel Portland
- The Chadwick Bed And Breakfast