“Nice lunch”

Honey Badger Bar And Grill
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Chicken parm and sweet potato fries were tasty, crispy and hot. Friendly staff and clean restaurant.

1  Thank Sarah F

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We have eaten there a couple of times now and the food is mediocre at best. It is apparent a lot of items are frozen. I had a reuben and it was just dry.Several of our friends have eaten there as well with the same outcome. The inside is strange and one can definitely tell it wasn't designed by a professional. High ceilings give it a cavernous feel and not very cozy. Did I mention the furniture was really cheap?

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We visited twice. First visit was with 4 of us. Wasn't very busy. Went around 8 pm for dinner. Second visit was just 2 of us and went around 4pm. Both times were we told we missed the rush;both weekend days. Place is clean and nice wood finish inside.
Has a full bar, few tvs, touch tunes, high tops and reg tables.
Both times waitresses were very friendly which goes along way with me especially the first time when the waitress seemed a little preoccupied socializing.
Food is typical pub food and the menu is small but the food was good. Fried food, sandwiches, fried seafood, burgers, wings, etc. Prices seemed reasonable. Portions were plenty as we had leftovers both times.
Plenty of parking.
Well lit inside.

Some things to note/improve on:
The sweet garlic wings, although good do not taste like garlic at all. Taste like sweet and sour sauce. So if u expect garlic, this is not for you.
Attention to customers could be improved to allow faster service and ensure things were not missed. Again, didnt say too much about this because the waitresses, in my opinion, remained upbeat and super friendly still, so for me personally that made up for it. However, other customers may disagree.

Suggest having TouchTunes playing or tvs a little louder as it was dead silent in the place. With some background noise I think people would hang around a bit and play music themselves. Doesn't need to be crazy loud either.
Last table by the bar seemed cluttered with employee stuff like cell phone chargers, half eaten food, coats, personal stuff which perhaps would be better suited in the back of the restaurant.
Overall this is a nice place to have a few drinks and grab something quick to eat!

1  Thank Adamnev
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Spending the weekend at Hogan Pond. On the way to the New Balance Outlet, we stopped at the "Honey Badger". Very clean and various seating options. Service very prompt and friendly. My daughter and I had the fish sandwich and my wife had the Reuben. All were great.

1  Thank OBXVisitor
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I really want to be positive: this is a new restaurant/bar/grill coated next to the Oxford Speedway. Living in the area it was exciting to see a new eatery opening up. The location is great, right on Rte 26 easy access, it’s ok inside, nothing spectacular. It’s an open concept with a decent size bar on one side and tables on the other. We were greeted immediately and the service was good. The atmosphere wasn’t one I enjoyed, which there was some type of separation between the bar and dining. The menu is simple, pub food primarily. I was hoping for fresh burger but it was definitely frozen (yuck) and my friends had wings which were ok again nothing really stand out. I can get the same at the local variety store for a lot less money. I do wish them luck and perhaps when they get better established I will try them out again, I will keep you updated!

2  Thank Cher1999