“Awful management mediocre food”
Review of Yellowfin's

Yellowfin's
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We had an awful experience when we dined here. I ordered the Salmon and my husband ordered the surf and turf. My husband sent his back due to everything on his plate being cold. My food was not hot, it was warm but I did not dare send mine back too, so I just ate it. Our server immediately came back with his food and nothing changed-His food was still cold and when he told her, she asked if he wanted her to take it back again-uhh no! He could not eat the cold scallops and his steak was just not good. She brought the check and I asked to speak to a manager-this is when things turned from bad to awful. He came out and immediately told my husband it was his fault for ordering his steak Rare. We tried to explain it was not just the steak when he became increasingly rude and yelled at us asking us what we wanted. I told him I was just simply trying to give him feedback and he said he did not need it and walked away. I was so embarrassed as the other customers were now staring at us and the employees glared each time they walked by. How was cold food our fault? Ask the manager of this restaurant. I have never been treated this way, especially by a manager who is supposed to take care of his customers. He should be fired!!!

3  Thank MaltaLuLu2014

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Here is a real nice restaurant to visit when in Old Orchard beach or in Ocean Park. The food is wonderful and the service is very professional . This is a dry town so you need to bring your own beverage which is not a problem. A must go to place when in the area.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stay in Ocean Park every year in the off season and this is in walking distance and very nice. I had the Tuna steak with garlic mashed potatoes and carrots. Tuna was cooked perfectly and the dish was very good. My companion had the haddock, very healthy piece with the same sides. Good dish as well. The only mistake we made was ordering the clam chowder. Horrible. $10 for each and one was filled full, one halfway , this shouldn't be a mistake that a restaurant like this makes. There was absolutely no flavor and too much pepper , inedible. Other than this, it was good. Service was good. It is a BYOB , so remember this if you would like some wine etc....

Reviewed 23 August 2017

If you are staying at the Billowhouse in Ocean Park, this restaurant is LESS than a stone's throw away. It's a BYOB and gets pretty busy in the evening. Bright clean atmosphere. Good service. Very good food. Especially their seafood dishes. Desserts are OK. Bring a bottle of red and a bottle of white if you are not sure in advance what you will be ordering. There is no corkage fee.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The service we received this year was outstanding - thank you Jessica. Will likely continue to eat here on vacation as it is a walk from our cottage - but that is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Please stop serving carrots with every entree! There are many other seasonal vegetables to choose from, plus the carrots are monsters. Who grows a carrot that size?