“The best restaurant in Maine”
Review of Captain's Galley Restaurant - CLOSED

Captain's Galley Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2015

All i can say is try the lazymans stuffed lobster and the prime rib you,ll come back for more weve been visiting old orchard beach for years and The Captains Galley is the first restaurant go to every year and they treat us like old freinds see you guys soon!!!!!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2015

Duffy's bent over backwards to introduce their latest Restaurant acquisition in OOB and we had a great experience. We were told everyone was still training being they opened one week ago and the wait staff outdid themselves with attention to customers. The food was great- I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese, hubby had the Prime Rib, our friends enjoyed other dishes - concensus was that the food was great. The owner came over to speak with us which added a nice touch and familiarity to our dining experience. We will surely be back and reccommend them to other people. Congratulations to Duffy's for working hard to give the old Captain's Galley more than a facelift. Oh- and I forgot to mention the CREME BRULEE was to die for.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I totally love the lazyman's stuffed lobster here! I get it each time I go for lunch or dinner. Their stuffing is delcious! They also do a pretty decent breakfast here as well.

1  Thank RioB72
Reviewed 1 January 2015

I live on the street. Used to go here. The restaurant closed December 2014. No one in town knows why. The building has been abandoned for weeks and now a for sale sign is up. Tried to find out what happened by checking their website and FaceBook page but those are shut down as well.

4  Thank EelKat
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

Went here on a recent visit with my parents for Sunday dinner. The fact that there were no cars in the parking lot should have been a clue.
There was one other party when we arrived. We were greeted and seated right away but that was the last time anything happened fast.
My mothers prime rib came cold and did not taste like prime rib. My son asked for vinegar for his fish and chips and never got it. My dad asked for a coffee refill; he was the only one of three who did.
The restaurant did give my mom another piece of prime rib to go that was cut from a new one. That with her baked potato that She took home will give them supper tomorrow night at least.
The decor while nautical to fit the theme is terrible out dated. Possibly a candidate for Gordon Ramsey or that Irving guy to do a make over.
Although we've been here many times over the year this was the last time.

1  Thank kpurvis87