“Cute place, but good food!”
Review of Captain's Galley Restaurant - CLOSED

Captain's Galley Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2015

I totally love the lazyman's stuffed lobster here! I get it each time I go for lunch or dinner. Their stuffing is delcious! They also do a pretty decent breakfast here as well.

1  Thank RioB72

Reviewed 1 January 2015

I live on the street. Used to go here. The restaurant closed December 2014. No one in town knows why. The building has been abandoned for weeks and now a for sale sign is up. Tried to find out what happened by checking their website and FaceBook page but those are shut down as well.

4  Thank EelKat
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

Went here on a recent visit with my parents for Sunday dinner. The fact that there were no cars in the parking lot should have been a clue.
There was one other party when we arrived. We were greeted and seated right away but that was the last time anything happened fast.
My mothers prime rib came cold and did not taste like prime rib. My son asked for vinegar for his fish and chips and never got it. My dad asked for a coffee refill; he was the only one of three who did.
The restaurant did give my mom another piece of prime rib to go that was cut from a new one. That with her baked potato that She took home will give them supper tomorrow night at least.
The decor while nautical to fit the theme is terrible out dated. Possibly a candidate for Gordon Ramsey or that Irving guy to do a make over.
Although we've been here many times over the year this was the last time.

1  Thank kpurvis87
Reviewed 16 October 2014

We decided to give this place a try because they were listed in our hotel guide book and it was a 1st night in Maine and we wanted seafood.

We got to the place and got seated right away, the place was pretty empty for a Friday night. Waited a while for our waitress to come over and take our drink order. The table next to us warned about how long they have been waiting for their food and we should have taken their warning and left.

We ordered clam chowder to start. It took forever and finally the waitress said they had to make some more because they ran out. We finally got our clam chowder and it was like water. We really should have sent it back but we were at the point where we were so hungry we just ate it. Blah. Getting drinks refilled took forever too. There was a big party in the restaurant and I guess all the resources were being used there...

The food was ok, once it finally came. I wouldn't go back here or recommend it to my friends. I'm not sure if it's always this bad, but if it is the hotel should consider removing it from their recommendation book.

1  Thank Kimberly J
Reviewed 7 October 2014

We visited the Captain's Galley on a recent visit to Old Orchard Beach. It is in a convenient location and has ample parking. The restaurant was not packed since it wasn't prime season in OOB so we were seated quickly. The wait staff was attentive, friendly and efficient. The menu selection was extensive and had something for everyone. We each chose a seafood entrée and in each case the food was very good, fresh, well cooked and the portions were huge. I had the captain's platter and what they brought out was an impressive mound of seafood. The beer was cold, the food was good, the service was excellent. We would definitely return.