All reviews footbridge beach indoor pool within walking distance minute walk down the street small cooler spotless rooms an easy walk trolley line would stay again free wifi good size ogunquit area location is great perkins cove tv mile fridge
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Such a great stay. The room was huge, new carpet, comfy bed, check in/out were seemless.

We timed our walk to the beach, 10 minutes. This was easy carrying a beach chair, umbrella & small cooler.

Footbridge beach is my new favorite, the softest sand, not crowded, just paradise.

I can’t wait to get back there.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

This hotel is an excellent value. My husband and I stayed here for three nights. If you want fancy, this is not your place. If you want clean and comfortable without breaking the bank, then look no further. The location is convenient. The rooms are very clean, and large. The air conditioning works very well. The shower water pressure was more than adequate (I have thick hair, so having the water pressure to rinse it thoroughly is important to me.) The beds were comfortable - my husband thought they were a little soft, but I thought they were fine. I also like that there is a window in the bathroom that you can open to get outside air. The rooms are set back far enough from the road so it is very quiet at night. As one reviewer already mentioned, it feels very safe here. I also used the outside pool, the pool and surrounding pool area were meticulous, and the water temperature was refreshing but warm enough so you didn't have to adjust - you could just go right in. The TV is a little small, but we didn't go to Ogunquit to watch TV, so we didn't care. I've stayed here before, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: sink area is outside of the bathroom which is nice - hubby can be taking a shower the same time I'm drying my hair or doing my makeup
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MomofonesonVermont
Reviewed 10 October 2017

For booking online this was a great choice. A perfect location, with beautiful grounds. The rooms are a good size but a bit outdated. The bed was average but the staff and outdoor pool was great. The have an indoor and outdoor pool. I would definitely stay there again. Thank you Ocean Acres!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jonathan B, Owner at Bourne's Ocean Acres Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thanks for your review, we try to do a little each year to improve, the season is just too short to do major renovations.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Truly enjoyed our stay at Bourne's Ocean Acres Motel. The facility is very well maintained. The room was spotless. The property is well away from the noise and bustle of down town but an easy ride down to the center of town when you want to pick up tee shirts souvenirs or have a meal. A quick walk through quiet residential area to the beach. (Seeing other's reviews the walk to the beach is probably 0.3 mile) bring a wagon if you are transporting lots of beach gear. Bring just your camera if you are there for a beach walk morning or evening.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kitty52_10
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Last time I was in the Ogunquit area, I was in a hotel just over the "border" in Wells. I walked into town a lot and it got a little much but this location was great for a good walk into the main drag of Ogunquit, about 1-1.5 miles with fairly interesting things along the way. It's also better priced than many of the hotels in the area. Nothing fancy but comfy, large room, cold fridge, TV w/ lots of channels, clean pool, soda machines, etc. The towels weren't the fluffiest and we did have a weird issue where we could no longer open our door from the inside about midway thru our 2 day stay. We took turns climbing out the window and got a laugh out of it but not everyone might be so easygoing about it. Would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanie881
Jonathan B, Owner at Bourne's Ocean Acres Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks for your response. I must have opened and shut that door 30 times after I cleaned the mechanism, but did change the whole lockset after your second trip out of the window. Good to have guests like you that take these problems with a grain of salt, things happen. Although we would rather not ever have the problem, they pop up every once in a while. Glad you would stay again.