4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$225
Priceline$225
Travelocity$225
Hotels.com$225
FindHotel$225
Orbitz.com$225
All reviews the main house ocean view continental breakfast marginal way yogurt front lawn ogunquit beach shops and restaurants perfect location overlooking the water lounge chairs small fridge beautiful grounds porch motel town flowers
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

Because of a combination of factors, I had not traveled in over 3 years. I was in desperate need of a relaxing vacation and Terrace By The Sea was the perfect location. When I walked in our room and saw the ocean view I could instantly feel my tension easing. The room itself was very clean and well maintained. A couple of spots where the paint had peeled but otherwise very nice. A nice area outside our room where we could sit and enjoy the views. It wasn't exactly a balcony because it wasn't private but more of a deck shared by all the rooms but we were the only ones taking advantage while we were there.There was a nice size refrigerator in the room with a working freezer which is something I find to be hit or miss with hotel refrigerators. I was a little concerned about water pressure from the looks of the showerhead but I didn't need to be, it actually was better than my water pressure at home. The staff was amazing. Check in was a breeze. There is a wonderful porch overlooking the water set up for breakfast but we opted to eat outside as the tables on the porch were a little close for our comfort but mostly because it was a gorgeous day and we wanted to spend the time outside anyway. A staff member was drying off lounge chairs and immediately set us up with a table and two dry chairs. He also gave us lots of helpful information about things to do in Ogunquit. While I'm normally a fan of sleeping in on vacation, set your alarms early and walk the block to the beach and watch the sunrise. You won't be disappointed. This was my first trip to Maine but hope to return for a longer visit. If I return to Ogunquit, I will definitely be staying here again. One bit of advice, I normally travel with someone with mobility issues (I wasn't on this trip) and some of the rooms are only accessible by stairs. If mobility is a concern, make sure to let the staff know when making your reservation.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Beckasue75
Reviewed 27 September 2021

We stayed one night, wished we had made reservations for two nights. Great location, beautifully manicured lawn with lots of flowers, overlooking the beach and ocean. Pleasant staff, great room that was spotlessly clean! Would have given five stars, except I think the breakfast could have been more substantial to include a buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, etc, However, I wouldn't hesitate staying here again!

1  Thank John P
Sergio Becerra, Owner at Terrace By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Thank you for your recent visit !!

Reviewed 21 September 2021

Pros- right on the beachfront, full ocean view beautiful grounds and flowers, large room and bathroom, very clean and comfortable, quiet, chairs outside room and on lawn, serve yourself outdoor basic breakfast on terrace, parking close to room, quiet, clean, walkable/close to Winding Way Trail and shops and restaurants, decent wifi and charging port for devices, mini fridge

Cons- dated decor but cozy,

Room tip: Room 125 was very nice.
Date of stay: September 2021

Thank you for your recent visit !!

Reviewed 17 September 2021

The Terrace looks very nice from Wharf Rd, but I have never stayed here until last week and I have been coming to Ogunquit for 3 decades. The prices for all ocean views were more than I wished to pay so I chose the one story motel section behind the main house. No view, just parking lot. I was so pleasantly pleased and surprised. We had access to all the lovely perks: swimming pool, lawn, chairs, ocean views, breakfast, tea and coffee inside main house, even the very clean and well appointed bathroom/shower attached outside for those coming back up from the water. All of the staff were professional, friendly and welcoming. We were able to park early and were called when the room was ready. Our room was clean and spacious, even if a bit worn (broken tile in bathroom, front door quick to close on you, closet door did not quite close). No matter at all with all the other excellent parts. I was more than happy with the continental breakfast. it had a wonderful selection of cold foods- yogurt, grains, fresh melons and fruit, yes and little muffins. I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Several and varied rooms/ house/motel/hotel available, from full ocean front view to none.
1  Thank Linda P

Thank you Linda for your recent stay !!

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

Nice across the board - good location, clean, comfortable room, pleasant check-in staff.

The property is well situated. Pretty views. While I doubt I will return when I go back to the area, I would consider it.

Ogunquit itself is absolutely lovely. I’d love to spend a couple weeks there.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilNTed