“Good Food, Good Atmopshere!”
Review of The Beach House Grill - CLOSED

The Beach House Grill
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Atmopshere!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Decided to stop on a whim while driving through with my family after a day out during Fathers' Day. Building was beautiful and its what caught my eye, so we stopped for a meal. Even for our small family group, there was no waiting for a table when we arrived. The service was attentive even for a rather busy holiday and our waitress was very friendly and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Even the owner made his rounds to greet us while we ate. I'm usually a burger guy, so I had the Beach House Burger, while the family had their own selection of sandwiches even the Fish and Chips. The parents, and family all seemed happy and I certainly enjoyed my burger. Would vouch for the Beach House Burger if you ever stop by! :)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Stephen B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Crawley, west sussex
“Good Food, Great Drinks & the best service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stopped for dinner at the Beach House and got a really warm welcome from all of the staff. The food was lovely, and although the waitress made a tiny mistake with our order she apologised and rectified it straight away.
The bar list is extensive, I really enjoyed the Blue Lobster cocktail, The Beach House wine and the Godiva liqueur! My partner enjoyed all the different beers he tried too. Aleks is a warm & generous host with a great team of friendly staff, especially Becky (who was kind enough to ID me, even though am in my 30's) and Connor too. Definitely worth popping by if you are in Ogunquit!

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Management = New Experience!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My wife and I have made coming to Ogunquit during the summer a family tradition for many years now. It's our special spring summer and fall getaway spot. Last year we dined outside on the deck and had, for lack of better terms, a lackluster evening. Food was okay. So was the service. Well it could have been better.. The kitchen took longer than I had liked for our food to arrive. Given all the negative reviews they had last year, pretty much sums up our experience. I just have to say: What a difference a year can bring! Along with new management!
We stayed at the Meadowmere as we do each year, and while driving rt 1 on our way to another restaurant for dinner, we saw the beach house was busy. My wife even made a comment as we drove past. We are the forgiving type. Our 2011 chance at the beach house fell just shy of us never coming back. Let me tell you. How things have changed.
Our hostess was genuinely friendly and took us to our table after a brief wait. It was around 7pm and the place was busy. We sat down in the bar, and Rebecca, the bartender, made my wife and I two of the best martinis ever. That girl sure knows how to make a cocktail that is extra dry. Thank you Rebecca!
Our server was a lovely lady named Kayla. She was very friendly, and respectful. We told her right at the start that this was our first time back since last season. My wife explained about our experience and how it could have been better. Kayla told us that the beach house was under new management, with a new chef no less!
The girl really went out of her way to make the evening special. She was very busy, the dining room was packed. However she made it a point to come by several times before our food arrived, and several times after to make sure we had everything we needed. Service was great! The lump crab cakes, and caesar salad came out in moments, unlike last year. We had to wait a lot. Not to mention the new head chef there knows his/her stuff. The food tasted so much better. The wife had the twin lobster special, I had the New York strip with lobster. It was delicious, cooked to temperature, and I did not have to wait a week to get it.
Bottom line, this place has really turned around from last year. I can forgive a restaurant having the wrong staff. I can forgive items being sold out (btw they had everything on the menu in stock this time around), I can forgive an 'off night.' One thing I can't forgive is a restaurant not willing to turn itself around. The beachouse under their new management has done just that. We had a bad experience in 2011. Letting bygones be bygones really paid off. This season in 2012 we had a great time! We will be back in August!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Thomas M
New York City, New York
“SADLY DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This restaurant looks very promising. It was warm and inviting , with friendly staff who seated us right away. We had a lovely waitress who was very sweet even though she was very busy. I saw a few interesting things on the menu and proceeded to order. They were out of the Lobster Ravioli and the Lobster Pie. It was only 7:00. So I settled for Maine's famous fried clams and the spinach salad. I am always so happy to go out to dinner, I never complain if the food isn't up to par. I usually grin and bare it. Well , this meal was inedible. The spinach salad was drenched in the tartest dressing I have ever tasted. The strawberries that adorned the salad were soggy from being sliced so far in advance. The fried clams came served over french fried potateos. The clams were so soggy that they were wet. Same with the fries. It was awful. I couldn't eat any of it. we didn't even bother with dessert. We were very disappointed. Would not recommend this place. I hope they do better in the future.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank 7Lisal
Connecticut
“Do not go here”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

There's a reason why there are not cars in the parking lot! Ugh! Service, horrible. Food, not that good. My husband's scallops were burnt, actually charred. How does one send out burnt scallops?? Anyway, it took us about 25 minutes for a server to check on us. Wait staff disappeared. The must know. You'll find better places elsewhere. Don't waste your time.

Visited September 2011