I've been a frequent flier at the Dunes for 10+ years. My husband has been coming with me for eight and we always are there on shoulder season (late May) and stay in Cottage 5A, which has a kitchen and a nice screened-in porch. We have our rituals, i.e. arrive mid-afternoon and then head to the grocery store to pick up things we didn't bring with. The fire is roaring in the fireplace nearly all the time and it's a very relaxing vacation. We pick up steamers right down the street and make a clam boil, have our annual dinners at Lobster in the Rough and Clay Hill Farm, sit by the Dunes pool, fire up the blender and then...that's pretty much it. Anything else we do depends on the weather, as it's never predictable. We usually get rain at some point and always enjoy thunderstorms, as it's beautiful overlooking the Ogunquit River.
The property is beautiful, always clean and you feel like you're in a 'home away from home'. The staff is professional and friendly - and very helpful should the need arise. We LOVE our annual trip to Ogunquit and the Dunes and highly recommend a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picturesque Maine cottages, suites and guest rooms overlooking the Ogunquit Tidal River and Ogunquit Beach in southern Maine. Enjoy 12 scenic and private acres, dotted with Adirondack chairs, landscaped gardens, and an outdoor pool. Ogunquit's famous sandy beach is accessible by rowboat at high tide and on foot at low tide. Perfect for both families and romantic, relaxing getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit