“A bit Pricey - average pizza”

Angelo's Cucina & Pizzeria
Ranked #67 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 26
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We were a party of 10 who stopped by for pizza and beer. It was close to the Beachmere where we were staying and had plenty of parking so we said why not. If you ready some of my other reviews you will note that I am a pizza guy who came from a family of pizza makers so I am always up for good pizza. I am being kind to say that their pizza was average. It was not cooked properly and was lacking in flavors. Not the worst pizza I ever had but far from the best. Several of the women ordered salads that were way over priced.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Paisan P

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I should have known that with 3 cars in the parking lot at 6pm on a Friday night in the middle of summer...it wasn’t going to be good. On a positive note, we were seated by a very friendly hostess...immediately of course. The wait staff was excellent as well. The food was poor. My daughter’s fish and chips seemed okay. My salad with steak tips was awful. Iceberg lettuce, with pale tomatoes and very chewy, tough steak. It seems as if everything was frozen. Nothing was fresh. My guess is, with all the fantastic dining options we have in Wells and Ogunquit...this establishment won’t be here long.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We went there recently with a large family. Ordered pizza and pasta dishes. It took a long time. It tasted like it was low grade canned tomato sauce with red pepper flakes added, frozen chicken that had been warmed up, frozen meatballs, koolaid lemonade, flat beer. I have never give a poor review ever, and I have a generous understanding. The yard in front with games was designated for over the age of 16 so two of our members could not play since there was an outside bar. One fire pit which was in the age specific area. Juke box music which was a dollar a play.. The website is old, last year, before the present chef and company, but now it is a very reduced menu, mostly bar food, tater tots, French fries, hamburgers, subs, pizza. The check at the end took a long time so I sent my family out. The waiter knew I wanted to go, but she walked away and I had to find her, so I went to the bar and they would not take the tab, so I waited at the door until the waiter finally showed. I was polite. We were all disappointed, very disappointed. $150 bill!

2  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Visited this place tonight for the 2nd time. I ordered a meatball sandwich that was awesome, bread was soft, meatball looked homemade. My husband and daughter got pizza which they both enjoyed. Enjoyed watching friends and family play corn hole, botchy ball. Sat outside on the new bar area, waiter was prompt, courteous, and on top of filling our drinks. Wonderful food and staff. We will be back.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Ordered a "house salad" for $6.99. It was so small and was just iceberg lettuce and a couple tiny vegetables. Ridiculous for the price!!! We will NEVER go back to this place.