This old resort has a ton of potential, but needs updating. We were in the attic because that was only room available, but were told when we made the reservation the attic rooms were exactly like all the other rooms but with lower ceilings - not true! My husband couldn't even stand up in the shower! We peeked into a few rooms on the lower floors and they looked much nicer, more updated than those on the top floor. If you stay here, book a room on a lower floor or go somewhere else. Be prepared to use your car. You can walk into Northeast Harbor, but that's it for walking. It isn't a particularly convenient location. Will stay right in Bar Harbor next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor