What more can one say beyond the title? Outstanding service, an solid (if conventional) menu, clean, light, airy, well-located, peaceful, gorgeous views and gardens... and the Acadia National Park trail system starts, literally, across the street from the front door. In these days of cookie-cutter "boutique" hotels, it is a treat to find a small hotel that is lovingly tended and beautifully maintained. If you like more modern hotels, I'm afraid this one will not satisfy you: the floors creak, the elevator is "charming", etc. But if part of the reason you travel is to experience the culture and history of the places you visit, then the Asticou should be at the top of you list. I travel to NE Harbor infrequently, but I know where I'll be staying in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor