I simply do not understand the negative reviews of this inn. Yes, it is old. Yes, the king size beds are really twins put together. However, the setting is beautiful. The staff is outstanding. The room that we stayed in was spectacular ( 126). The house cat was beautiful. People have to get a life. This place is so far out of the ordinary. Go. Stay. And, most of all, enjoy! New England and Maine at its best. One last thing: the swan on the bed was so not expected and so great - that, alone, rates a return visit mandatory. So, you have to go to understand what that was all about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor