Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$269
View deal
Hotels.com$269
Tripadvisor$269
Algotels
Travelocity$269
Vio.com
Trip.com$281
All reviews camp restaurant hot tub ski check conference room two queen beds exercise room breakfast was included terrain sauna maine
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

Stay 4/30-5/06/2021. Good post ski-season room rate through travel organization. Front desk took our VISA card # for security. Front desk advised NO housekeeping services would be available. Reasonable, since the whole hotel was practically empty. At checkOUT we were advised that it was RCI's "policy" to charge an additional $182 for housekeeping, even though NO housekeeping services were ever provided during our stay. NO mention of this was made at checkIN. We objected. Later review of VISA statement confirmed that on 5/10 they charged the $182 to our VISA, although NO housekeeping services were provided (well, unless you count a roll of toilet paper we had to request from staff - that's pretty expensive toilet paper).

Date of stay: April 2021
6  Thank NavyMikeandSue
Reviewed 14 April 2021 via mobile

I found the staff to be less than welcoming.. there were no drinking glasses in our room and the room itself was hot and stuffy.. you would think that during CoVid the staff would be glad to have customers, even at end of season.. and u would think that the air circulation would have been updated. All in all a less than stellar experience. Would never return.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank nina o
Reviewed 22 March 2021

My son and I decided to spend two nights at the Grand Summit because of the location and the fact that it is ski-in, ski-out. We got to Sunday River on Friday and skied until 4. We were pretty wiped out from a 4-hour drive and 5 hours of skiing. We called to check in early, but our room wasn't ready. We drove around for 45 minutes and checked out Bethel, bought food/drinks for the room. I tried to check in again...room still not ready, and no idea when it would be—no suggestions about what to do while we waited, so we waited in the car. Luckily, we were called about 20 minutes later to check-in. I've never heard of such a late check-in before. The room was dated but clean. We had a murphy bed and a pullout. Both were squeaky and uncomfortable. The room was so hot, we kept a window open, but it didn't make much difference. Also, we could hear everything in the hallway, and it sounded like people above us were trying on their ski boots at midnight. W

1  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

Hotel was great and it is ski in ski out.
Ordered 6 tickets for 3 days with hotel

One of my kids was coming the next day, The hotel could not change a ticket. Never a problem before. Told us to ski down and they can fix it. Five of us have to wait for the 1 human to change 1 ticket for the next day. Line was 1/2 hour. Finally they change the ticket. 3 days later they say the ticket does not work. Wait again for the 1 human and 20 minutes she actually says. The person did it wrong and you have to see my supervisor. Get on a bus and go to another peak. I have 5 people waiting in line to ski and this person actually expects me to wait for a bus to go to to another area to fix the mistake their person made!! And she was serious.
I told her to get on the phone a call her manager and fix it. This is absurd. This is moronic!!! This has nothing to do with Covid or lack of staff, this is truly idiotic!!!

Hotel great, lift tickets insane!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank RickHnh
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

Our family of four just finished a three night ski vacation and stayed at the Grand Summit. If you are trying to ski in the main part of the Sunday River complex (off of South Ridge Lodge) or stick to the slopes right behind the hotel, you can’t beat the location of this hotel and the ski-in/ski-out facility. The bus service (every half hour) to South ridge (7 minute ride) is also available and convenient.

The restaurant (Camp) was fine for breakfast and not bad for dinner. They were closed two of the three days we were there for lunch and dinner, but open for takeout breakfast (usually included in the room rate for two adults).

The staff are extremely friendly. We were given a room right above the boiler area which kept me up all night the first night. They gave some ear plague for that night and ended shifting me away from that room. The deluxe studio rooms come pretty well equipped if you want to prep your own meals.

The hot tub (20 mt slot) and pool (1 hr slot) requires a same day reservation which starts at 7 am. I had to get up by then and rush down to the lobby to get my preferred slot in the evenings between 4 pm and 7 pm. They book out pretty quickly and understand this is how the hotel is adapting to COVID, but the facilities available for all to use in a safe manner. I was fine with it given that the pool and the hot tub were a welcome activity after a long day of skiing to soothe my achy joints.

I will definitely come back and stay here when I want I ski at SR. I want to try Jordan, but the reviews seem much more bearish than I expected and will stick the tried&tested.

Trip type: Travelled with family