Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$269
View deal
Hotels.com$269
Travelocity$269
Orbitz.com$269
Trip.com$281
Tripadvisor$269
Hurb$277
All reviews camp restaurant hot tub ski check conference room two queen beds exercise room breakfast was included terrain sauna maine
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

Our family of four just finished a three night ski vacation and stayed at the Grand Summit. If you are trying to ski in the main part of the Sunday River complex (off of South Ridge Lodge) or stick to the slopes right behind the hotel, you can’t beat the location of this hotel and the ski-in/ski-out facility. The bus service (every half hour) to South ridge (7 minute ride) is also available and convenient.

The restaurant (Camp) was fine for breakfast and not bad for dinner. They were closed two of the three days we were there for lunch and dinner, but open for takeout breakfast (usually included in the room rate for two adults).

The staff are extremely friendly. We were given a room right above the boiler area which kept me up all night the first night. They gave some ear plague for that night and ended shifting me away from that room. The deluxe studio rooms come pretty well equipped if you want to prep your own meals.

The hot tub (20 mt slot) and pool (1 hr slot) requires a same day reservation which starts at 7 am. I had to get up by then and rush down to the lobby to get my preferred slot in the evenings between 4 pm and 7 pm. They book out pretty quickly and understand this is how the hotel is adapting to COVID, but the facilities available for all to use in a safe manner. I was fine with it given that the pool and the hot tub were a welcome activity after a long day of skiing to soothe my achy joints.

I will definitely come back and stay here when I want I ski at SR. I want to try Jordan, but the reviews seem much more bearish than I expected and will stick the tried&tested.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 14 March 2021

Hotel rooms were too hot, lines for front desk and meals were way too long. I understand it is COVID but they did not adapt well.
Not worth the price. Would suggest renting near the mountain instead of staying here.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank emilyd0herty123
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights for a ski week with two kids. We have stayed all over (village at Squaw, Omni Mt Washington) and don’t mind paying more for a great ski vacation on our rare weeks off. This hotel leaves much to be desired for service but the location may make it worth it for some. They seem to know they’re going to be booked no matter what, so I theorize they don’t care enough to improve service.

Pros: super convenience location off the White Cap/tempest lifts. True ski in and ski out. Ski check thru an outside window was convenient, efficient, and friendly. Common areas (Lobby, halls) fairly nice and clean. There is a small gift shop that has basic toiletries.

Cons: rooms were dated (think Best Western), blankets nubby from wear, ancient dishwasher, stained sink. Nobody to help with luggage, but maybe that is bc of COVID (there are hardly any luggage carts to be found either). Room cleaned only once the whole stay despite phone calls to schedule cleaning as requested during COVID, and consisted of towels and a trash bag left draped over the couch for us to put in the bathrooms ourselves. One time i called to book a cleaning I was asked “what exactly do you need?”. I was stumped-“to clean the room and change towels please?”. I was then asked “how many towels will you be needing?” Argh! No worries, they didn’t show anyway. Worst part: room was 78.5 degrees the whole stay and we woke in a sweat (at least you didn’t need the nubby blanket). I called each day to request it be fixed. On the third day I spoke to the manager, Bryan, who spent much time explaining why it wasn’t their fault (“that whole side of the hotel is hot, it’s not that the heaters are malfunctioning”). At $720/night, I don’t care WHOSE fault it is...I understand things happen...just make it right. Either you fix it, or if you can’t, provide a discount to make amends. After I said this, he said he would look into it, and called hours later to offer a $150 discount off the stay. That is 4%, which I told him was laughable when I checked out, considering how uncomfortable and unkempt it was. He just shrugged. So that’s how customers are treated.
I guarantee if we don’t stay there, someone else will, because it’s slopeside. Just don’t come expecting great service or a nice room. You’re paying for location. If you want a nice stay go elsewhere.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank erikalran
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I had a great time at the Summit recently - the ski in ski out was super convenient and they have a ski check window that allows you to grab your skis and go! Everyone was super helpful and safe. Had a great weekend of skiing with some awesome conditions. The pool and hot tub were great! We ate at a new restaurant (Last Run) at the Hotel - it was awesome - outside Igloos with heat and a couple of outdoor A-frames with heat. We were able to watch the fireworks from our table as we ate! They just opened the restaurant and the food was excellent. The fish sticks, the short ribs and carbonara were really tasty! Some great drinks and music to top it off!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 101mikej
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

We were in desperate need of some normalcy on the midst of a pandemic. We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a full kitchen, dining room and living room. Sunday River is an incredible family ski location. It's a quintessential New New England ski resort with some of the best terrain, employees, service and skiing. We were thrilled to have a full kitchen and ate our meals in our room. Employees and guests all followed Covid protocols and we felt safe. We travelled from CT and tested for Covid prior to check in and upon arrival back home. We can't wait to return.

Date of stay: January 2021