All reviews fire pit boothbay harbor southport island adirondack chairs lobster bake rachel carson main building staff was very friendly and helpful breakfast buffet guest rooms blueberry pie lawn games wedding venue hiking trails desk staff relaxing place get away
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The view of the ocean were good depending on where we were and if tide was high. I felt like I had to look around the corner to get a good view because of how many trees were there that obscured the view. The ocean is mostly inaccessible due to all the private homes surrounding the Inn. That was really disappointing!

The hotel was like stepping back in time 50 years ago. We rented 3 rooms and all of us joked about how extremely small the bathrooms were with no place to put our toiletries. None of us have ever stayed in a place with such unaccommodating bathrooms. We all complained of the headboards being lose enough that when you move in bed it hits the wall and the walls thin enough you could hear the neighbor. The breakfasts were great. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The rooms were quaint overall but just misses the mark of awesome.

Date of stay: September 2018
Corinne L, Owner at Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thanks for your comments, Tammy. We take them all to heart. I too wish we could improve the view in some places, but local ordinances forbid cutting down trees within a certain distance from the shoreline. Fortunately, there are plenty of spots on the property that offer completely unobstructed views of the gorgeous ocean. The bathrooms are indeed small - one of the quirks of a historic property that we wish we could rectify. We have tried to compensate for the size by completely renovating them, and providing plenty of cubbies to hold your toiletries. I'm glad you found the staff helpful - that's one of our most important objectives. If you're in the mood for quaint again, please give us another try!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Just recently had our wedding/elopement with family at Newagen Seaside Inn. The location is easy to get too from Portland and a beautiful drive.
The Inn is beautiful, amazing surroundings. All the staff are extremely politie, helpful, friendly and acommodating. We had a party of 10 people and everyone could not say enough great things. The bartenders at the pub were perfect in making drinks and taking care of us. The food at the pub and breakfast were exceptional.
Overall whether it is vacation or you are planning a wedding You can’t go wrong with Newagen. We plan on visiting again and again. Highest compliments to all the staff !

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much, Eddie! Your family was lovely and a lot of fun, and we can't wait to welcome you and Mandi back as Mr. & Mrs. Mitchell!!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Newagen Seaside Inn is a charming little place by the water, just 10 minutes away from Boothbay Harbor. The staff are lovely, the location is beautiful, but the rooms could use some work.

We stayed in a two bed room facing away from the harbor. The windows let in lots of natural light, but you are also provided with heavy curtains if you prefer the dark. The nautical theme remains consistent even in individual rooms, from art to the bedspread. However, the rooms have a lot of moisture. It causes a heavy stale smell in the rooms, which are carpeted. I left some papers on the desk and when I picked them up later they had become damp. The hotel is not overly clean either. The carpets are discolored from uncleanliness and the bedspread and sheets have stains and spots. My pillow was laden with dust. The bathrooms are in great need of update. They are tired and dirty both on and between the tiles.

The grounds are quite beautiful, tucked away behind the trees surrounded by open greenery and the ocean. There are plenty of places to sit and relax, as well as a pool, giant outdoor chess and connect four, and a dock.

Your stay comes with a complementary continental breakfast. It is alright; mostly food made ahead of time and served in heated trays. It includes scrambled eggs, bread, french toast, breakfast meats, fruit, cereal, coffee, and tea. You can also make your own waffles. The coffee is okay; kind of weak.

Overall, the Seaside Inn is not a bad place to stay; it is simply a touch overrated.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JuliaDoo
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for just one night on August 22. We loved the comfortable bed and the fact that room didn’t have a TV. We also loved that they had lots board games, cards, tennis courts, shuffle board, outdoor Jenna, and beautiful views. My favorite, however, was the vintage candle pin bowling alley!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Corinne L, Owner at Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thanks, Ben! Come back anytime!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

What a fantastic gem by the sea. It was my first visit, the venue for an annual retreat and conference. I will surely be back. I loved everything about this place. Number one: The Staff! A special thank you to Sandy, Corrine, Cheryl, Debi, Melissa, Jeromey, and Tia for making me feel like I belonged there. I had the Lupine room in the Main Inn, and the deck view was spectacular. Next year I will move next door and bring my family. It has everything you could imagine, fire pit, lobster bake, rowboats, games, a top-notch bar and restaurant, breakfast included every morning and gorgeous views. The lobster curry was delectable. I returned home refreshed, renewed, and relaxed. I can see Newagen Seaside Inn becoming a tradition for me.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a deck and ocean view! So lovely to be able to sit out and soak in the beautiful coast.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Corinne L, Owner at Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you, Lori! It was such a pleasure to meet you and we can't wait for you to write the next chapter of your Newagen book!