All reviewsgathering placequiet hourstent campingwaterfront sitecoffee and pastrieshot waterbring quarterslocal bakeriescould hear a pin dropbathroom and shower facilitiesminute showermorning and eveningpay showersfree wifinortheast harborhiking bikingflat surface
Reviewed 29 August 2017

For the same price as staying inside a quiet and comfy motel with an actual bed, you are allowed to pitch a tent. Sites are close to 60 dollars a night. This is fine if you are a young family and you are doing a budget holiday trip for a few nights. There are no extended stay discounts or price breaks for 1 or 2 people. You will pay for everything else, from showers to firewood. It's a sad and acceptable option if you can't get in at Blackwoods, which is about 10 bucks cheaper. Also, bring earplugs, as you will be awoken by children and the smog from people running their motor to defog their windows.

Room Tip: bring earplugs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I'm 55... been tent camping my whole life. Been to many different campgrounds. As a Canadian I am used to some top notch Provincial Parks. This Park is phenomenal. Clearly anybody with anything bad to say about it has not seen many campgrounds! Fantastic sites... Great washrooms...great location for exploring Acadia National Park. I was only able to land a two night reservation. I will most definitely do what it takes to book a longer stay some day in the future and have been telling everyone I know that this is a dream campground for their future plans!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brooklinjb
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This beautiful campground is set right on the ocean with spectacular views. There are many sites that are wooded and more private with . They also have a dock that the children (and adults) can fish for crabs with nets. Coffee and sweet treats are available during the "Gathering Place" open hours and you can get your internet fix there as well. You can also enjoy taking out their canoes or kayaks for a fee whether it be a couple of hours or a full day. My family loves it here and most of all we have made great people and friends.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The campground is almost too big! It took forever to drive back and the only wifi is in one place and we were at the opposite end. Also no service on Verizon from the campsite. However the bathrooms for us were literally right across from us. And they were nice bathrooms. I enjoyed the campground, prime location, not very close to neighbors even though everyone I ran into was super sweet. They do have coffee and ice cream for sell as well as some breakfast sweets. Nice picnic benches. It was so beautiful though, I wish we were closer to the water, but again being right next to the bathroom was probably better :) wish we also would have gotten a site with the deck!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank axj23
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This place is so beautiful and peaceful! Our family of 4 (kids age 9&11) stayed here 3 nights and had a wonderful time! We were tucked out back in E3. Upon arrival, I was skeptical when I saw the closest bathroom, building "D", because it only has 1 stall & 1 shower stall for lady's room--I was worried about trekking to use the bathroom and needing to wait! In the end, this was not an issue at all, only once out of the 3 days staying there did I need to wait for a bathroom, and the next closest was not too far away anyways. The showers were nice and hot. I really liked our small "D" bathroom building in the end! The floating dock was beautiful! We kept a canoe there- beautiful gentle waters. Kids loved hanging out there in the evenings with crab nets, tons of fun! Gathering place was cute. I tried once to get an Internet connection & it didn't work, but my husband didn't have a problem when he tried at a different time. The Gathering place sells breakfast pastries and coffee, which was super handy on our departure day when we didn't want to cook. Site E3 was up a little hill and felt very private. The tent platform was great! We had our simple 6 person tent set up with the vestibules on both sides over the platform & we still had a little deck out front which nice for keeping the tent clean inside and keeping us dry. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family