“Eat here!”

M & Ks Homemade Country Cooking
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Home cooking at its best! Give yourselves plenty of time, though, because it is just a mom cooking and a daughter serving. We had breakfast, and everything was perfectly cooked. The pancakes were huge and so fluffy and tasty. You are relaxed and feel at home from the moment you walk in. AND it is a terrific value!!!

Reviewed 11 January 2017

This tiny little breakfast/lunch restaurant is run by a mother/daughter duo. Mitzie, the mother, is a warm and talkative Italian woman who obviously loves to cook for people and loves to please. Crepes seem to be a specialty and I enjoyed my very large portion of one spinach and ham crepe and one berry filled crepe. My husband had pancakes which were good, but he had just one issue with them. They came with "pancake syrup" which bears no resemblance to real maple syrup. When we inquired why the menu doesn't offer maple syrup at an additional cost, Mitzie answered that , of course, they had it. This should have been offered at the get go. We also sampled the tasty potato leek soup and a very plump cinnamon roll filled with a generous amount of cinnamon-delicious!

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Just happened to be passing through this town on the way to Bangor, and spotted the sign outside that said all day breakfast. We were glad we stopped. An item on the menu that really caught my eye was the vanilla-lavender pancakes, which sadly I did not try because I was really craving the sausage gravy! The gravy was great, biscuits were homemade and the home fries were very good. My friend had the eggs, bacon and homemade toast. The toast was thick slices and very good. The lunch/dinner menu sounded great as well, and I would have liked to have tried the prime rib, as I heard locals talking about it. Other eye-catching menu items: cinnamon peach shortcake, Mexican burrito,mango crepes! I wish I lived closer! When ever I pass through that way again I will be sure to stop.

1  Thank braysmum