“Amazing trip to Maine, highly recommend the Scandinavian Inn”

Axell's Scandinavian Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manchester
Rochester, New York
“Amazing trip to Maine, highly recommend the Scandinavian Inn”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I stayed at the Scandy with my family over the weekend of 07/30-8/1. We came into Manchester for an event and the staff/owners of the motel were extremely accomodating for a very late arrival Friday night. The rooms are cozy and quaint, very clean, the bathrooms are spotless and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The Axell family owns this property and the Fairway which is about a mile or so up the road. The pool is located at the Fairway but we had access to use it. Both properties are very nice and our hosts could not have been more welcoming or pleasant.
No complaints. Would definitely stay here again and recommend either property to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LHO
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manhattan, NYC
Reviewed 16 October 2009

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels, and I have yet to find a single one that has as much attention to detail as Axell's Scandinavian Inn. Every singe room has it's own personal motif and character. If you factor that in with the very simple, personal, homey touches that many hotels nowadays seem to have forgotten about... you get treated to a very wonderful experience. The rooms are spotless, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. You almost forget that you're in a hotel. You almost feel as though you are a guest in their home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay at a very reasonable hotel nestled in the heart of Maine. You will not regret it!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JamesWestfall
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Even with all the five-star ratings it received on this site, I was still blown away by how nice this hotel was. It was located conveniently close to I-95 and any place you might want to go in and around Augusta.I had a single king-size bed room that was as tastefully decorated and clean as I could have possibly imagined. The operators were friendly and helpful and the maid even went so far as to neatly align my flip flops which I had left strewn about the floor. I will definitely stay here again if I ever make my way back to Augusta.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank kennethnoisewater
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Maine for a friend's wedding. We decided to stay at Axell's because we needed a pet friendly hotel/motel (we have 3 1/2 month old Sheltie), something close to the wedding and reception site (we are from WAY out of town), and couldn't afford to stay at the chain hotels. Axell's fit the bill and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean, cute, and accomodating it was.

Great stay overall.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ms-Mizza
Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Well-kept lawns and lovely trees, Close to lakes and a golf course. The state capital, Augusta, is a short driving distance. Scenic drives to historic sites. Well-furnished rooms with Kitchens and equipment. Clean and reasonable rates. The owners, Sheila and Kent Axell, are very personable and go to great lengths to accommodate their guests. I enjoyed my three-month stay! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank lil22Florida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
4.2 km away
32.1 km away
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Axell's Scandinavian Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK