See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

How can I write the best review for this place...Well first I have to say I'm so thankful I chose to give them my business!! I'm a travel nurse and it's never easy finding a nice reasonable place to live for 3 months let a lone a place that you feel safe but I have been very happy here at The Fairway Extended Stay..which is also locally owned and operated by the same people of the Axells Scandanavian Inn, Kent and Sheila are truly two amazing people and go above and beyond to make every guest feel at home and comfortable during their stay!! The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated and a BIG thank you to Donna who does an outstanding job on making sure each and every room is clean and I mean clean..this is not your typical chain hotel living, I honestly feel like I'm at home here! Another thank you to Robert who keeps the pool area and the grounds looking beautiful!! A special thank you to Derinda who manages the Axells Scandanavian Inn for being there on my first night of arrival having no clue where to go or what to do next...once I chose to give this place a try..I pulled in and met Derinda only to find out they were booked but she was so helpful in giving me directions to another hotel up the road and said she would contact me when a room came available. Within minutes after booking another room I get a phone call from Derinda who went out of her way more than above and beyond to make arrangements for me my son and my dog..who were traveling with me..to stay at another one of their families property until a room came available..from that day I knew I made the right decision in choosing my home for the next several months here in Maine. You can't go wrong staying here!! Thank you so much for all of your hospitality Kent, Sheila, Billy, Derinda and her family, and Donna and Robert..I will never forget you and my time here in Maine!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy M
sheilabobeila, Owner at Axell's Scandinavian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Thank you Amy!! We miss you!!
Sheila and Kent

Reviewed 29 May 2016

The room was decent and had all the extras like microwave,frig,and coffee machine.however,the price was very high for the facility.Also,as a Pro DJ, I had a wedding to attend but they changed the location from Augusta to Portland a week before.I called this Inn and they would not let me cancel my reservation.This was a week before!!! I had to drive an hour after midnight which was really tough.I will never stay here again and I stay in at least a dozen hotels every year in the area.Also,the WIfI sucked.It was on and off continuously.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for this price.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank djmuzx
sheilabobeila, Owner at Axell's Scandinavian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Djmuzx,

I am so sorry your event was moved to another city. We do have a strict online reservation cancellation policy which is made very clear when our customers make their reservations. My manager does recall that you knew the policy when you called to try to cancel. As a Professional Dj, I am sure that you also have a strict cancellation policy.

Although Memorial Day Weekend rates can be higher than normal, we were the least expensive room in our area this weekend.

Just this winter Time Warner upgraded our modem and added bandwidth.
We have not had a WiFI complaint since which makes me wonder if the evening you stayed, Time Warner was conducting a reboot which they do periodically.

My manager had mentioned prior to the posting of your review that you are a Dj and since you are fairly local thought you might be a good choice for the many events we host at our other property, the Fairway Overnight and Extended Stay. Perhaps we'll be in touch.

Again, I am very sorry about your turn of events and do hope you will try us again when in the area.

Sheila

Reviewed 13 May 2016

The title comes from a post I made on the day I stayed here. The Inn caught my eye on a drive-by and it seemed even better after I'd stopped. The room was clean and comfortable with microwave, fridge, and WiFi. It was fairly cool when I was there but an outside deck and fire pit looked like a nice spot for warmer weather.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Denny G
sheilabobeila, Owner at Axell's Scandinavian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope you are able to visit again sometime!

Sheila
The Owner

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I read all the reviews and felt pretty good about reserving a room here, but boy was that a bad decision. It's a little ways off the highway and the area around the Inn wasn't very nice. When we pulled into the parking lot the grounds seemed nice enough. The room we were given was right next door to someone that lives there full time as well as the next room down. These two people were in front of their rooms smoking which meant we had to walk through the smoke to get into our room. The room was clean but very dated and not comfortable. The bathroom was very tiny and dated as well. The bed was horrible, squeaky springs, one side pushed up against the wall, so hard for 2 people to use. Then one of the full time residence stood in front of our door to smoke, I asked him to smoke elsewhere and he got confrontational with me. This is not a mom and pop feeling place, more like a flea bag motel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank srnmarblefalls
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Very comfortable room, easy access, wonderful desk staff! Great stay. I was able to get a room without a reservation, and they offered to call for food delivery as well. Waht a joy to be treated so well. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business