See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2016

The room was decent and had all the extras like microwave,frig,and coffee machine.however,the price was very high for the facility.Also,as a Pro DJ, I had a wedding to attend but they changed the location from Augusta to Portland a week before.I called this Inn and they would not let me cancel my reservation.This was a week before!!! I had to drive an hour after midnight which was really tough.I will never stay here again and I stay in at least a dozen hotels every year in the area.Also,the WIfI sucked.It was on and off continuously.

Room tip: Go somewhere else for this price.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank djmuzx
sheilabobeila, Owner at Axell's Scandinavian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Djmuzx,

I am so sorry your event was moved to another city. We do have a strict online reservation cancellation policy which is made very clear when our customers make their reservations. My manager does recall that you knew the policy when you called to try to cancel. As a Professional Dj, I am sure that you also have a strict cancellation policy.

Although Memorial Day Weekend rates can be higher than normal, we were the least expensive room in our area this weekend.

Just this winter Time Warner upgraded our modem and added bandwidth.
We have not had a WiFI complaint since which makes me wonder if the evening you stayed, Time Warner was conducting a reboot which they do periodically.

My manager had mentioned prior to the posting of your review that you are a Dj and since you are fairly local thought you might be a good choice for the many events we host at our other property, the Fairway Overnight and Extended Stay. Perhaps we'll be in touch.

Again, I am very sorry about your turn of events and do hope you will try us again when in the area.

Sheila

Reviewed 13 May 2016

The title comes from a post I made on the day I stayed here. The Inn caught my eye on a drive-by and it seemed even better after I'd stopped. The room was clean and comfortable with microwave, fridge, and WiFi. It was fairly cool when I was there but an outside deck and fire pit looked like a nice spot for warmer weather.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Denny G
sheilabobeila, Owner at Axell's Scandinavian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope you are able to visit again sometime!

Sheila
The Owner

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I read all the reviews and felt pretty good about reserving a room here, but boy was that a bad decision. It's a little ways off the highway and the area around the Inn wasn't very nice. When we pulled into the parking lot the grounds seemed nice enough. The room we were given was right next door to someone that lives there full time as well as the next room down. These two people were in front of their rooms smoking which meant we had to walk through the smoke to get into our room. The room was clean but very dated and not comfortable. The bathroom was very tiny and dated as well. The bed was horrible, squeaky springs, one side pushed up against the wall, so hard for 2 people to use. Then one of the full time residence stood in front of our door to smoke, I asked him to smoke elsewhere and he got confrontational with me. This is not a mom and pop feeling place, more like a flea bag motel.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank srnmarblefalls
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Very comfortable room, easy access, wonderful desk staff! Great stay. I was able to get a room without a reservation, and they offered to call for food delivery as well. Waht a joy to be treated so well. Thanks!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2015

If you are one who likes to get off the "super-slab of monotony" on occasion and have a unique and authentic experience, then we highly recommend you stay at Axell's Scandinavian Inn. Get off I-95 at exit 109 and head west up the hill - only a couple miles past "the strip" that is at the exit. You will pull into a charming and exceptionally well-kept property and be greeted by the warm and welcoming owners. Fresh flowers in window boxes are outside your room and there is a small table and chairs to enjoy a bit of the evening outdoors. The rooms are immaculately kept; fresh and clean and nicely decorated by the attentive hosts. A well-supplied kitchenette makes this a great place to base from if you will be exploring the area for a few days or more. They also have a nice outdoor deck area with a grill. This place is a unique gem and well worth the discovery.

Date of stay: August 2015