New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Can't wait to come back again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Ocean's Edge

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Rockland, Maine
“Can't wait to come back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

My wife and I had the chance to stay at the inn on the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. Truth be told, we just needed to get away from our high-paced lives only a short drive away in Rockland, ME, and we were hoping for a quiet, simple night away from dance classes, work calls and all sorts of distractions. Our room at the Inn was perfect — up on the hilltop overlooking Penobscot bay and the not-too-distant islands — with a waxing moon glowing steadily over the water. We had a lovely balcony on which we sat and simply gazed out at the view. A jacuzzi in the in-room tub was a great lead-in to a much needed night's rest.
The next morning was the surprise. A terrific buffet breakfast at The Edge restaurant complimented by an a-la-carte selection of pancakes, eaten on the restaurant's outdoor balcony, with the sunshine warming us as we watched a schooner sail by. No better way to enjoy the long weekend and at the same time remind us of how gorgeous our midcoast community is.
We followed breakfast with a couple of hours going back and forth between the infinity pool and the hot tub and all the chaos of our Rockland lives was forgotten.
Now I just have to figure out when I'll get the chance to get back!
Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My first venture away from my personal retreat in Florida...and the Inn at Ocean's Edge did not disappoint. From the friendly staff to the simple, but elegantly appointed "Hilltop" rooms (loved the Wedgewood Blue decor)--to the special service (like coffee brought up to the hill at 7am and valet go-cart service throughout the secluded property)--I could not have asked for more. Everything was quiet and beautiful on this 20+ acre waterfront property. And the gourmet breakfasts each morning at the nearby Edge restaurant were a highlight (not to mention the nicest hostess I have ever met-Tammy). I wanted solitude, elegance, a woodsy property with a fantastic view, good food and close proximity to Camden--The Inn at Ocean's Edge provided all that. I would return in a heartbeat (and will with friends).

Room Tip: Definitely request a room at the main Inn with a water view (all the rooms at the Hilltop facility h...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sherry C
Springfield, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

After hiking in Acadia several days we were looking forward to relaxing here and staying on the resort property the duration of our stay. The hotel and grounds were the most beautiful we encountered in Maine and hospitality at check in top notch.

We chose to dine at The Edge, the resorts restaurant that night. The place was nearly empty and host seemed offended that we had not made a reservation, then made us wait over a half hour without checking in twice. Staff kept asking us why we were waiting and when checking with host he had attitude and acted as if we were putting him out to ask for an update. Very upsetting experience, I had looked forward to relaxing and we ended up leaving and driving into town to get something to eat.

Reported to management. Though they were very apologetic did not make any effort to make ip to us. Did offer to send us coupon for a free future stay that never arrived...and we live over 1,200 miles away so unlikely to return soon. Restaurant ruined the stay for us, will not return to resort if we come back to Maine which we hope to someday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank travelopinion11
mydogjob, General Manager at Inn at Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and thank you for your comments regarding your experience at The Edge Restaurant.
I am sorry that you were made to feel like a bother when in fact it is our pleasure to serve you.
It sounds like your Edge experience was far beneath of usual standard of service and I would like very much to hear directly from you so that I may rectify this situation.

207-236-8496
Holderness, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Staying only one night at this lovely Inn was not enough! The receptionist gave us a warm welcome and showed us all around the property. Great pool and area around the pool for relaxing. Even a sauna! Our room was very comfortable and spacious and well appointed. I got up very early and had a lack of water pressure in the shower, but other than that, everything was perfect. (Receptionist explained that when the maintenance man fills the hot tub each morning, it messes up the water pressure for a while. I can understand that!) Breakfast, which is included in the rate, was very good. So much variety, everything was fresh and eggs and pancakes cooked to order. My husband and I really enjoyed the homemade breads and muffins! We hope to return to this inn for many more visits.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper building have their own private balconies with ocean views.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Busyinnkeepers
Thank you for your very kind review of our Inn. It is always a great pleasure for us to know that our guests have experienced the Inn in such a positive manner. This is why we are all in hospitality in the first place!

We hope to see you again and again.

Thank you.

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed in the Hilltop for two nights in early September and thoroughly enjoyed myself. OK I'll admit that I never knew that I disliked flowered wallpaper as much as I did, before my trip to Maine, so next time I'll specifically ask for a room in the Inn and hope for that relaxing blue decor I saw on their website.

My corner room was very large, with a 4 poster pencil bed, a fireplace and jacuzzi, and two comfortable wing back chairs as well as having a nice balcony. Other than the flowered wallpaper, which I'm sure many others would enjoy more than I did, the only unpleasant surprise I got was that there was no hairdryer. Not a major issue, but I was surprised.

While the distances aren't that great between the Hilltop, the pool, the Inn, and the restaurant, I made use of the valet especially at night and thought it was a nice touch.

I loved sitting outdoor on the balcony at the Edge restaurant for breakfast. There was a huge selection to choose from and the homemade croissants were fabulous. I had a reservation at the Edge for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed all of it, including their wine selections.

But the best thing about the inn, despite how lovely the main in and pool house is, is the infinity pool and it's quiet location by the ocean. I spent an afternoon there unwinding and it was one of the highlights of my trip to Maine.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Debra13
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our property.
We are always so pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves here.

We always hope that our guests will enjoy the size of the rooms, the outstanding view and of course...the pool!! So happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again.

Inn at Ocean's Edge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
1.0 km away
Mount Battie Motel
#1 of 5 in Lincolnville
9.1 km away
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Inn at Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK