“Wouldn't have my worst enemy stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Kittery

Days Inn Kittery
Pittsford, Vermont
“Wouldn't have my worst enemy stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We thought it was a little sketchy when the only car in the parking lot was ours checking in. Walking into the lobby the smell was musty and the wallpaper looked like it was from the 70s and drooping off the wall. The lady at the desk was not very friendly and barely said 2 words to us. We went to our room and the smell of cleaner was so strong we left the door open while looking around. My boyfriend went towards the window and the floor cracked and dropped a couple inches. The smell of mold was coming from the carpet and my skin started to crawl in the few minutes we were in the room. We left about 15 min after checking in and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

i stayed here for a night with my friends and my grandmother. my grandmother had a room next to us while me and my friends had our own room. our room smelled old and musty. the bathroom door didn't close. we didn't have a mini refridgerator even though we were supposed to. the bathtub was dusty and i refused to take a shower in it. my grandmother's room smelled like stale smoke. at about midnight my friend kept hearing a noise and it ended up being a cricket that was in our room. there was a stain on my sheets and on the bedspread. the pool was halfway filled and it was dirty. the continental breakfast was very limited. bottom line, i would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nani K

Travellers are raving about these Kittery hotels

Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I was sick to my stomach from the minute I walked into the lobby. I wanted to leave as soon as I walked in to the room. It smelled and was run down. It looked like a pay per hour room you see on TV. Bedspread was old and was made of some wierd material. Thin blanket and sheets that did not fit the bed. I could not sleep, worrying that I would catch bed bugs or lice. Left at dawn. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, even someone I hated. I give this hotel ZERO stars.

Room Tip: Best rooms would be at different hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Grafton, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

What an awful experience. we walked into the hall and the smell of urine filled the air. I said to my family maybe it's just the old lady behind the counter but when we came back later there was a different person behind the counter and the smell was still there. Our room was as small as a closet and smelled like mold. the bathrooms are disgusting and the toilet paper roll was almost gone and we could not find anyone to get more. We were lucky that there was a Yankee candle company nearby so we could buy some air freshener to make the room tolerable.All night long I had the feeling that something was crawling on me. Do not Stay HERE

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

So the moral of this story is NEVER use the advance purchase on the Days Inn website. We made reservations for the weekend for a wedding and the wedding party made reservations for the whole week plus the weekend. When the wedding party checked in on the monday they turned around and checked back out because it stunk and they couldn't handle it for a whole week. This got the rest of us scrambling and stuck with the reservations for the weekend because with the 'advanced' purchace you have to pay no matter what and after speaking with the manager of the establishment and the national chain they all said their hands are tied, which in general i believe is completely untrue, you can always do something for the customer. So for a smelly hotel that was unusable we are now stuck with the bill. This will make me think twice before staying at any of the Wyndham Hotels but especially any Days Inn.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
0.2 km away
4.1 km away
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast
3.7 km away
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Days Inn Kittery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK