2,002 results
All reviewsportside lodgefairy gardenlobster boat tourkids activitiesbreakfast buffetview of the riverkennebunk riverfree shuttlenew englandshuttle servicenewer buildingmy husband and iadirondack chairscarriage housepineapplemain buildingcorner room
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This resort is a blessing! My husband and I haven't had a vacation in years and this was the perfect way to jump back in. The people are what make this such a wonderful experience. Not one negative thing I could say. Our room - 254- was perfect. The staff is amazing - from the lovely ladies who took care of our room to the wonderful servers and staff at the restaurant on site. From the minute we checked in we felt welcomed. Everyone was full of smiles and helpful information. The grounds were ready for fall and breath taking. We are planning on returning next year. The location is awesome - a short walk to the ocean and also to town- we never drove anywhere. The food and service here will remind you of how a vacation is supposed to be. I cant say enough great things and cant wait to return. Thank you to all the staff for such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for writing! 254 is one of our most popular rooms due to its panoramic waterview. When hiring staff, we are willing to train any skill, but we require kindness and a positive attitude, so I am glad to hear that was reflected during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We've been going to the Nonantum for over 20 years and our recent stay was one of our best. Our room had been recently updated with a new bathroom, furniture and flooring. The complementary breakfast offered a great variety and everything was well prepared and delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Joe,

Thanks for being a loyal guest - we love seeing familiar faces. We are enjoying updating rooms each winter, and I'm glad you liked the changes! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We had a fourth floor room over looking the harbor and out to the ocean. The view was amazing! The room itself was spotless...bright and friendly. Nice colors and meticulously finished. Could have used a desk to park our laptop, wallet, keys, etc. The lobby, and dining area were beautifully decorated. The grounds were planted nicely and well kept. We did not eat dinner there so I can't comment, but the shuttle driver was prompt, very friendly and got us back and forth to the restaurant. The rest of the staff were equally accommodating and proficient. We did partake in the breakfast buffet. I can't think of anything they did not have. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. In addition to the usual eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc., there was an amazing assortment of muffins, breads, and other baked items that were obviously home made. Could have eaten my way through the entire morning! We love Kennebunkport and will definitely stay at the Nonantum again!

Room Tip: River View!!

Hi there!

Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the shuttle service; I sometimes wonder how we got by without it! Our new pastry chef, Amanda, does a great job not only with desserts but with breakfast pastries as well! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Nonantum is not only a Beautiful Resort, but you will not find a more caring and gracious Staff anywhere. They will work hard for all your needs. From Management down all very friendly and make you feel at home. I would recommend staying at The Nonantum whenever you Visit Maine. Been there twice and my wife and I are going back again. Love it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hi Paul:
Thank you for your very sweet response! I totally agree with you that we have "The Best Staff Ever"! As I often point out, while I would like to take credit for how nice they all are, the truth is they were nice when we met them so that is why we hired them. The credit actually needs to go to their parents, families, friends and teachers!
Please come back and see us again soon! The fall is magnificent in Kennebunkport!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

A stunning array of flowers adorned the entrance and grounds. Little by little we started noticing the details. The fairy garden was intriguing and the best surprise. The facility was old world charm with just the right amount of modern convenience. The breakfast was a feast of healthy, options and home made treats. Of course there were delicious blueberry pancakes and wonderful pastries but we gratefully welcomed the best home made oatmeal we have ever had. That was truly comfort food on a drizzly morning. The vast array of fresh fruit was a delight to the eye and quite refreshing. The gift shop had a great selection and was fun to shop in. The lounge was comfortable and inviting. The staff was professional, helpful and welcoming. We were quite impressed with a complimentary cocktail party where we got to meet the manager and some staff and share our experience at their resort. It was centrally located and an easy walk to most places. The trolley tour is a must and stops there to pick up guests. It was very peaceful with a beautiful view of the river. Our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. We would definitely go back!

Hello Judith!
We will look forward to welcoming you back soon! I just love the way the Nonantum looks all dressed for fall. The mums are now in full bloom and they just look beautiful as you arrive at the Front Desk.
I share your enthusiasm for our blueberry pancakes (with Pure Maine Maple Syrup of course!) but I agree the oatmeal and fruit are also a great (healthy!) way to start the day. Our gift shop is small but they have loads of cute items - literally something for everyone!
Thanks for writing!