“A rare perfect experience!”

Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 60 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've never given a restaurant 5 stars before today, but there was simply no improving on our experience at the Arundel Wharf Restaurant. The weather in Kennebunkport in mid-October 2017 was perfection and we ate on the deck overlooking the marina. Our waitress was prompt, friendly, and refilled our water glasses frequently.
I had the Dock Square Dingy with lobster salad, and my Mom had the salmon salad. I don't normally eat salmon in New England as it's all farm raised, but Mom said her salad was scrumptious. The salmon portion was quite generous and the salad was fresh and crunchy. My Dock Square Dingy had a ridiculously large portion of amazing lobster salad! I actually took 1/2 home and ate it that evening for dinner as well. Tender, succulent lobster made this dish-thank you New England. Our Octoberfest beers finished off a great meal. We just made it under the wire as the day we ate there was there last before closing for "the season." Restaurants don't close for any "season" where I'm from, so be forewarned.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We sat outside under an umbrella on a gorgeous day and had a terrific lunch. There are places higher rated on Trip Advisor but the food here and the view are really great. A dockside seat with a cold beer eating their homemade chowder and fried clams... oh yeah!!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We sat on an outdoor heated area with plastic tarps that allowed s Nice view of boats. Not many people thereat 530 on a Saturday. We were offered bread and got drinks. The food was baked fish and chips and mine came in pieces not a filet. Like fish nuggets. The fries were cold. It was an expensive dish at 17 dollars. My wife got salmon at similar price which was not cooked properly. We are our food as our waitress only came back once late in meal. I was not impressed by food price or service. We spent 75 dollars on s better meal I could have had at the clam shack.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

There's a distinctive advertisement for this restaurant in the centre of the elegant village of Kennebunkport. Laziness and lack of local knowledge drew us there. Don't bother.
The furnishings are more suited to a downmarket cafe, the food (lazy lobster, in our case) is poor and the service perfunctory. The 'lazy lobster' is taken out of the shell to save diners the trouble of working at breaking it up and then served in some sort of oil/butter in a small bowl alongside a clumsily mashed potato and sloppy pumpkin. I did not realise lobster could be so small or taste this bad. The views which other posters are raving about can be seen from virtually every harbour, wharf and yacht yard in the world. There is nothing unique or particularly stunning about this setting. Unexceptional in every way and the entire place is overdue for an expensive refit and renovation. Always judge the state and cleanliness of a restaurant's kitchen from the rest rooms. Unlike us, I suggest you take a look at the ones in this restaurant BEFORE you eat.

2  Thank layaboutEngland_
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Marti and I had a great lunch yesterday. It's the first time we have eaten at the Wharf this year and it was very good. Marti had the lobster bowl which is lobster into two halfs of an avacado. It was all claws and knuckles and she said it was plentiful and very tasty. I had the seared tuna on sobra(?) noodles. It was very good, just the right amount of both. My only complaint was that I had asked the waitress to request that the tuna be sliced thin but it was sliced in random widths. I did not complain to the waitress because it would have caused a problem with her in the kitchen which was very busy based on the number of people eating. I would have given the meal 5 stars if my request had been done.