All reviewswater viewcontinental breakfastno elevatorfitness centeradirondack chairslobster clawdesk clerkoverlooking the rivermy husband and ithird flooryogurtocean avenuecomfy bedthe staff was friendly and helpfulcelebrate our anniversarymemorial day weekendwalker's point
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Our family was in Kennebunkport for a wedding and couldn't have been more delighted to have this weekend be the beginning of Prelude! Our hotel was just right within walking distance to see the lighting of the Christmas Tree and visit with family and friends. Our room was comfortable, breakfast delicious and would stay again. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Not sure of other rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We were there for the Kennebunkport Christmas prrelude, the hotel is one mile out of town, which was an easy walk, the rooms were clean and lovely, a continental breakfast was served which was good the spa was excellent, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the 2nd weekend of Christmas Prelude. We’ve been coming to Prelude for more than a decade now and decided to try a new place from out previous inn.

On the whole, our stay was very positive and enjoyable. Our room, on the 3rd floor was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable and we heard no noise from other rooms.

What I did not love was the fact that our 7 year old slept on an air mattress that a member of staff said would deflate and deflate it did. If you know it’s going to deflate and you tell me it’s going to deflate, why not replace it? That was a bit irritating but minor all the same. I also did not like the fact that there were just two small lamps in the room. At night, it was rather cave-like in the room. That easily remedied with a floor lamp an is not a major concern.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The gentleman that I assume was a manager at Stripers, the restaurant, was very good at his job and does a fine job of representing the property.

The continental breakfast was fine. I know people would prefer to have more choice, but what was there was fine. There were two types of cereal, granola, yogurt, fresh melon, bagels, banana nut muffins, various breads and croissants. I will say that the croissants were the weakest part of the lineup. They were stale and rather sad looking. My daughter enjoyed the fact that hot cocoa was available!

I definitely enjoyed the fact that we could park behind the spa building and that we didn’t have to worry about looking for parking or having to move the car.

Like I said, on the whole, this was a very positive experience and we will certainly consider staying here again next Prelude.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We spent two nights here in November (after leaf season) and while the town was fairly quiet, we still were able to enjoy our time at the inn. The continental breakfast was nice, the room was very pretty and clean and the staff very kind and friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The Inn was a wonderful place for a weekend getaway. Upon arrival we found a special anniversary bottle of prosecco in our room (with water view!). The staff was most accommodating (even for something as little as letting us borrow a corkscrew), and the backyard lawn and fire pit is a great location for a drink and happy hour appetizers. Highly recommend coming here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple