Lowest prices for your stay
$255
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$260
Official Site
$233
Hotels.com$235
Travelocity$235
Expedia.com$235
All reviews new england continental breakfast dock square middle of town central location shops and restaurants my husband and i rooms are small first floor yogurt common areas lobster king bed long weekend front porch each morning riverhouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2022

Kennebunkport Inn is right in the heart of Dock Sq, Kennebunkport. Great for walking to restaurants, shops, cruises, etc. Sadly the room (which was over $600/nt with taxes and fees) was small, the mattress was old, the decor was non-existent (not a single piece of art on the wall), TV was too small to see properly, and there was NO maid service whatsoever for the entire length of our visit. Instead, they give you a card to fill out to ask for anything you need (like tp, coffee pods, fresh towels, etc)- and they leave an envelope requesting a tip for the cleaner. I feel terrible for the maids who have essentially been cut out of the operation!

The inn offers a continental breakfast in an attractive but cramped breakfast room. There is seating outside on the deck but it was soaking wet in the morning and no one wiped it dry - and there were no towels provided for gusts to wipe down the table and chairs.

They use only disposal items for breakfast service and did not provide any knife to cut the bagels for toasting. I asked about this and was told they "could not locate a knife." Really? They have a full bar and restaurant in the building. Also the toaster blew a circuit every time someone tried to use more than two slots.. Guests from previous days became guides for new guests on how to work around the system. While there was someone intermittently "attending" the breakfast room, she never wiped a table or refreshed the paper plate supply. Every person at breakfast commented on the ridiculous situation.

2  Thank ARWK1
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2022

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We strive to provide every guest with a truly memorable experience and clearly fell short in delivering on that goal during your stay. Our housekeeping services are a reflection of our staffing realities and not a result of us being unwilling to employee the appropriate number of staff. In regards to the continental breakfast, I certainly apologize for any and all gaps in service you experienced. We do put out a bagel slicer with our continental offering and I will absolutely follow up with my team to ensure our guests have the appropriate tools at their disposal. Again, thank you for your feedback and I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future as I am confident you will depart with a far different impression of our Inn!

Reviewed 23 August 2022

The location, as others mention, is excellent. Park your car, and you're all set to walk to everything. Our room was fine. Breakfast was below average. BUT one of the amenities is free kayak rental at the marina. Our family went down there and had two kayaks for two hours FREE. We had a blast and the people at the marina were wonderful. So while I'd say skip breakfast, the room was decent, the location perfect, and free kayaking made it all worth it. The staff was also very helpful and welcoming!

Room tip: Innkeepers Room if you have kids
Date of stay: August 2022
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2022

I'm glad you took full advantage of our location and amenities! I completely agree the complimentary kayak rental is worth the time and I'm thrilled you had a blast! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer and we hope to welcome you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

No maid service at a $600 per night hotel, breakfast includes bagels and Burnt coffee.
Restaurant service is slow and the lobster roll is more lettuce then lobster.
Location is great, but no views. We looked out on to a roof.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 158duaner

I am certainly disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay here with us. While, we are currently not able to provide our guests with a full housekeeping stayover service ,due to our staffing realities, we do ensure our guests are provided with any and everything they need/request during their stay. Our continental breakfast includes a full beverage station, Natalie's juice, selection of yogurt, oatmeal, fresh pastry, bagels, granola and whole fruit. Again, I am disappointed your stay did not meet with either yours or our own expectations. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity in the future as I am confident you will enjoy more than just the location!

Reviewed 26 July 2022

After booking 2 nights at The Kennebunkport Inn, only then did I start reading some of the reviews. I usually ALWAYS go to Trip Advisor reviews FIRST. Had I done that first, I wouldn’t have booked here due to the many poor reviews. I did not find the resort to be ANYTHING like many reviews had reported….and I’ve stayed in lots of places all over the world.

We found this B&B to be nothing but delightful. Perhaps throughout the pandemic, they have cleaned up their act and corrected the things that many people were complaining about.

A friendly guy greeted us in the parking lot with a card to hang on our mirror. Right by our car, in their yard, we saw the available bikes for us to use… none of them were old and rusty. He then directed us to the front desk. They too were very welcoming to us and escorted us to our room while showing us and explaining to us each of the many rooms along the way.

There was a mini freezer on each floor filled with little bags of ice for us to use if we needed them. None of the carpets were dirty or worn (as reported earlier)

We stayed in a Riverside King room. Although small, the bed was wonderful, 4 pillows, white down comforter along with a small bathroom that was clean and bright. We were very excited to have our own AC in our room that we could make as cold as we wanted. It was in the 90’s throughout our trip.

We ate dinner in their restaurant the first night. The manager was there to meet and greet all the people. He was super friendly and commented that this was his favorite part of his job… greeting all the people. Most of the diners were not staying at the Inn but commented that they came there to try it due to its wonderful and upscale reputation throughout the island.

In previous reviews, many people commented that the morning muffins that they hung on each door for breakfast was stale and bad. The Inn must’ve listened to the reviews because they stopped doing that. Instead, the breakfast room on the first floor had breakfast bars, yogurt, bottles of OJ, a variety of bagels, pumpkin bread and coffee. A Keurig machine was also in our room.

Enjoy this Inn if you can… it’s not cheap but oh so worth it!!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyLouWho60
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2022

As a team, we are certainly thrilled to know you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and we truly appreciate the thorough and kind feedback you provided! On a personal note, interacting with guests such as yourself is my favorite part of the job! I sincerely hope I get to welcome you back to the Inn in the future!

Reviewed 26 June 2022

I chose this Inn because of its prime location in the middle of town, and from there almost everything is walkable, and I was there before the big Memorial Day weekend and the official kickoff to summer, so it turns out there was hardly anyone staying in the hotel at the time. And still, they put me in an absolutely tiny room at the back of the property, and whose room overlooked the loading dock and service entrance. As you might imagine, I got very little sleep as the noises of them restocking everything and the meetings of all the staff were beyond loud. I simply don't understand why a hotel like this wouldn't try to maximize their guest's experience in the property by putting them in a better location, especially in a nearly empty property. Not sure I'd want to deal with this place again, in spite of its charm and central location.

Room tip: Know where you room will be before accepting it
Date of stay: May 2022
4  Thank Christopher C
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2022

I'm certainly disappointed to learn you didn't enjoy your stay here with us. I will personally review your feedback with my entire team as I am not certain what would have been restocked or what staff meetings would have taken place by your room. My entire team works tirelessly to ensure all of our guests have a truly wonderful experience and I sincerely apologize we fell short in meeting those goals during your visit. I truly hope you will decide to stay with us again as I am confident you will enjoy your experience.