2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$315
View deal
Booking.com$335
Hotels.com$315
Priceline$342
Travelocity$315
FindHotel$342
Agoda.com$335
All reviews new england dock square continental breakfast middle of town central location shops and restaurants my husband and i rooms are small first floor yogurt common areas lobster king bed long weekend gas fireplace front porch each morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022

I chose this Inn because of its prime location in the middle of town, and from there almost everything is walkable, and I was there before the big Memorial Day weekend and the official kickoff to summer, so it turns out there was hardly anyone staying in the hotel at the time. And still, they put me in an absolutely tiny room at the back of the property, and whose room overlooked the loading dock and service entrance. As you might imagine, I got very little sleep as the noises of them restocking everything and the meetings of all the staff were beyond loud. I simply don't understand why a hotel like this wouldn't try to maximize their guest's experience in the property by putting them in a better location, especially in a nearly empty property. Not sure I'd want to deal with this place again, in spite of its charm and central location.

Room tip: Know where you room will be before accepting it
Date of stay: May 2022
4  Thank Christopher C
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2022

I'm certainly disappointed to learn you didn't enjoy your stay here with us. I will personally review your feedback with my entire team as I am not certain what would have been restocked or what staff meetings would have taken place by your room. My entire team works tirelessly to ensure all of our guests have a truly wonderful experience and I sincerely apologize we fell short in meeting those goals during your visit. I truly hope you will decide to stay with us again as I am confident you will enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

I’ll start with the positive. The location was great for leaving your car and walking around the town. BUT the inn was incredibly shabby - needs a total refurbishing. Carpets dirty, bathroom shower floor either dirty or deeply stained. Room was minimal - small and unattractive. Bathroom worse. Breakfast was worst I’ve ever had. One type of ok-at-best pastry and coffee. Not even a fruit bowl. Paper plates and plastic utensils. Really low class. And it’s not inexpensive. Strongly recommend against staying here.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler759603
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with valuable feedback! As a team, we are continuously working to ensure we are providing each guest with a truly memorable experience and information we receive from guests such as yourself is invaluable.

I sincerely apologize your stay with us did not meet either your or our own overall expectations. I will personally address your feedback with our entire team in an effort to continuously improve our guest experience. Our continental offering does include a full beverage station (coffee, tea, orange juice), yogurt, oatmeal, granola bars, whole fruit, and a fresh pastry of the day. I certainly apologize if this was not well communicated on our end.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed 5 April 2022

Location. Location. Location. You can't get a better location to the downtown section of this charming town. It was great to have a parking space available since you can tell that's a premium around here. We were able to walk almost everywhere and for all our meals in just minutes. We stayed during Halloween in Covid - so not everything was open (restaurant looks great but only on weekends). Staff were friendly and the room was cozy and charming. We had a dockside king with a fireplace. Outlets were few - but really enjoyed the room and the daily breakfast bag. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such thoughtful feedback! I am thrilled to know you loved the location! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2022

We stayed at the Kennebunkport Inn as a winter stop as part of a trip around New England on our honeymoon. The Inn in the snow was simply stunning and was in an ideal position for exploring the town. Unfortunately, our visit in late January meant the majority of shops and bars were shut for the season, and it was unfortunate that the Inn did not keep open their in house bar for staying guests. That aside, the room was very warm, clean and welcoming with a super fireplace which made for a comfortable stay. The interiors have been well thought out and whilst this certainly is not a destination for those looking for modern amenities, we loved the Maine style throughout and enjoyed our short stay.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank WillG1230
Derek Hunt, General Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2022

We are thrilled we were able to be a small part of such a special trip for you both! Hopefully, we will continue to be fortunate enough to welcome you again and again for anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 19 January 2022 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Kennebunkport Inn over the long weekend. We had a wonderful experience! The inn is beautiful as was our room we stayed in. We stayed in a Riverhouse King - perfect size for the two of us. The staff was also very helpful and responded to our needs. I was a little uncertain after reading some recent unfavorable reviews on here, but I think as long as you understand the expectations of the inn’s current Covid procedures you’ll be all set. As far as some of the complaints that the Riverhouse rooms are small, it clearly states that they are small and “good for couples” right on their website. All in all, we thought that they did a fantastic job amidst all the Covid craziness. Beautiful place to stay and fantastic Dock Square location. Big thumbs up!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Terri Terri, Owner at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2022

Hi Holly C,
Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with. We absolutely love to see that you enjoyed your time with us and understand the challenges that we are managing. We are so happy you enjoyed your time and we hope to see you again.