Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews putting green ocean breeze main building marine room grand old hotel ceiling fan air conditioning saltwater pool new england step back in time blueberry pancakes beautiful grounds wedding television maine charm hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

The hotel is full of charm with amazing views. We stayed in the historic main building. There is no a/c in the bedrooms - only fans. It was uncomfortably hot the first night we were there. The second night was cooler and more tolerable. I’m not sure I would stay in the summer again unless I got a room in the building that has a/c. The breakfast was excellent!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2022

This place used to be a gem. Now it is dirty with poor service. The pool has algae all around the edges and on the stairs. The poolside food and drink service is amazingly slow and wrong half the time (no utensils, wrong orders placed etc). You can no longer get food by the pool because they are trying to keep things “clean” according to a staffer. I’m not sure if that’s made a difference. For almost $600 a night, i do not see the value. Oh and by the way, ocean view does not mean ocean view. So don’t waste your money. What a shame. I’m actually very sad, this place was one of my favorites.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jbellae
Reviewed 11 July 2022 via mobile

Wonderful views and friendly staff. We stayed in the Galland house which has a/c but most rooms don't have it. Room was comfortable. Breakfast is hit or miss - first day good next day cold and bland. Pool de k is small for capacity of hotel and not nearly enough umbrellas. Pool food was good but took an hour to get. Views are really what is special about this hotel.

Room tip: Main building has somewhat outdated rooms and no a/c. A lot of rooms don't have a view so be flexible. View from veranda makes up for it.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DianaClem
Reviewed 3 July 2022

We're local and USED to attend the Colony 4th of July buffet with friends. Went every year & looked forward to itThat was then, this is now. Even though pandemic is OVER, they refuse to let local guests attend the buffet. I was told it's for hotel guests only now, even though we always paid a hefty price to attend. We waited thru Covid and they STILL won't allow good repeat customers to attend. We will NEVER go back. We went to a 4th buffet & fireworks event in Portland instead...where we're welcome!

Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank Goldngun
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

Elegance and time-honored tradition are served here. Spectacular breakfasts, historic surroundings, a top-notch staff, and proximity to town. I spent about 4 days here in June 2022 and enjoyed my stay tremendously. The pool is the standout, however, a heated salt pool conducive to serious lap swimmers. Beautiful grounds near walking paths.

Room tip: Did not find this hotel to be walkable to town unless you are in top shape. I opted to drive and park in the public lot near the main square
Date of stay: June 2022