The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 370
US$ 290
Captain Fairfield Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 326
US$ 435
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 371
US$ 351
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 475
US$ 454
Captain Jefferds Inn(Kennebunkport)
US$ 380
Cape Arundel Inn & Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 424
US$ 394
Hotels.com
All reviewsputting greensalt water poolmain buildinggrand old hotelno air conditioningocean breezeprivate beachceiling fandog loversnew englandbreakfast buffetblueberry pieocean sidebeach hotelking roomnice poollobster
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I really loved this hotel's character and charm. The upholstery on the lobby chairs (pugs) had me giggling all the way to our room! We had a lovely corner room on the top floor. I didn't notice much noise and enjoyed a room with no television or noisy air condition.

The vibe of the hotel made me feel as if I was in a cross between Dirty Dancing and The Shining (and I love the Shining). The staff was all wonderful. The food was great - we had the breakfast provided by the hotel.

The location is fantastic. I took a nice three mile run up the coast - beautiful sights. We shopped all day and took advantage of all the great restaurants. I do feel like Kennebunkport's shopping is a bit more niche than Bar Harbor.

Its a great hotel for families, girls' trips and couples!

Room Tip: Top floor corner room. Ask for the champagne at check-in
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mra31mc
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is the place to stay if your dog loves to bark for hours on end. If you want to relax and take an afternoon nap, stay somewhere else. The staff pride themselves on how tolerant they are of badly behaved dogs.
After 6 nights of camping we were in Kennebunkport for a wedding. We were looking forward to a weekend of a dry room, hot shower and a comfy bed. We were in for a big disappointment. The dog in the room next door started barking at 6 pm. At 6:30 I went down to the desk and was told " they were pet friendly" so there was nothing to be done. At 7 they tried to call the owner , no response. At 7:30 the dog across the hall joined in. At 8 pm the desk clerk made it clear the barking was my problem and there was nothing that could be done. Finally at 9 pm we left the room and the barking dogs.
There was no offer to help us, no offer to buy us a drink, no help what so ever.
I rather be camping! It is $230 a night cheaper and who minds a bad night when you are only paying $20.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank KatembNyc
Reviewed 12 August 2017

If you like dogs barking and kids screaming and doors slamming then this is your place. We thought we would have a nice restful few days , but sleeping was not an option.We were kept awake by loud functions and woken up at 5am by dogs, kids and doors. The view was beautiful and easy walk to little town. Kennebunkport is great but not the hotel.

Room Tip: There are none. No A/C and no TV.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The Colony Hotel was a stretch for my family financially but after looking at the photos online I got the impression it would be exactly the New England feel we would love. I was not wrong!! This hotel and grounds are perfect for all types of families. I have 2 teen age boys who are tough to impress but this place got them! It is a very safe environment so the boys got to run around on their own. The pool is fantastic even at night. There was NO television in the room which also made life heavenly, nobody complained about it. Dogs are allowed in the hotel which added to the air of Maine relaxation. Even the wallpaper in the room was perfectly picked. The view over the ocean was serene...this is a must stay even if a stretch, it is worth it!! We will be back!

Room Tip: splurge for the ocean view!! Well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Perched on the shore overlooking the rocky Maine coastline, the Colony defines the idea of the Maine summer vacation. Not much has changed in 100 years. From the gleaming wood floors and the billowing white curtains to the Adirondack chairs on the magnificent porches, the tradition remains. Explore the endless ocean paths by foot or by bicycle, and shop and dine in picturesque Kennebunkport. Eat lobster everyday. Whatever you do, go to the Colony and continue the tradition.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family