Captain Fairfield Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
Captain Lord Mansion(Kennebunkport)
US$ 422
US$ 402
US$ 400
US$ 380
The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 348
US$ 489
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$ 293
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront porchocean restaurantwalker pointocean viewmy husband and iglass of champagneprivate balconycarriage housethe main housemaine coastdelicious breakfastroom was largeeach morninga wonderful place to stayyogurtexceeded our expectationsnew england
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were so lucky to book a room at the Cape Arundel Inn and Resort on rather short notice for our trip to Maine. It was everything that you would expect from a Maine inn and more. The view was amazing and you can sit on the front porch of the inn and watch the sailboats in the beautiful Atlantic for hours. We stayed in the Club House on the second floor and our room was tasteful...well equipped and comfortable. We received two glasses of champagne on our arrival and a little bag with some treats when we left. They were so nice there! We were provided with a delicious breakfast each morning at "Ocean" which is their restaurant. We also ate an amazing dinner there one night of our stay. It was romantic and just what you picture when thinking of a beautiful Maine inn. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jana B, General Manager at Cape Arundel Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear mek25_1961,

Your kind words in your recent review of Cape Arundel Inn & Resort are all too lovely! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We couldn’t agree more that the property is a great romantic escape. Thank you again for your compliments and
we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Made a special point to have dinner at a Southern Coastal Maine restaurant. A business associate recommended this restaurant. Food was excellent. Service was top notch. Five star rating for fantastic ocean view. I will make a point to stop by when I am in the area again. It was everything I expected.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear mcmiller65,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to hear that our Restaurant deserves five star rating.
We couldn’t agree more that our service staff in the restaurant is top notch!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I spent one night at the inn and everything was perfect.

Upon arriving we were quickly checked in to our room and offered a glass of champagne. Nice touch..

The view from room #4 was amazing, overlooking the ocean and Walker Point. The room, although older, was clean and well appointed with a very comfortable bed . No complaints here!

The highlights of our stay were the well trained and personable staff along with the incredible views. We will definitely be returning in the future.

Dear Arubasun00,

Thank you for taking the time to review Cape Arundel Inn & Resort. Room 4 is a beautiful room with stunning views of the ocean – we are ecstatic that you loved your stay there! Your words about our staff are something that we are honored to share with all of them.
We are so excited to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend, and it was absolutely wonderful.

The staff was so kind. Unfortunately, I was on crutches for this trip (was not expected when we made our reservation). We were supposed to be in a room that required stair climbing, but they were able to relocate us to a ground level room with a close parking spot. This was very much appreciated - it really helped me!

Upon checking in, we were escorted to our room and given glasses of champagne which was such a nice way to start a vacation.

We received great suggestions from the staff on where to eat, things to do, and hotel amenities. We took advantage of Happy Hour on the front port twice - you simply cannot beat that view, and we were lucky enough to see a moon-rise on the Atlantic. We also went to the wine & cheese tasting in the club house - very nice! We didn't use the pool, but the pool area was very pretty. The club house had all kinds of games and was a really nice place to hang out. Breakfast was also nice - with both hot and cold dishes included.

We ate at two of the Inn's partner restaurants - Earth and David's KPT. Earth was an amazing and unique farm to table restaurant. We were lucky enough to find a seat at the bar, but it's best to make sure you have a reservation. David's was nice as well - we sat outside for lunch on a beautiful day.

Our room was wonderful - we had an ocean view balcony and a fireplace. The bed was comfortable and all of the furnishings were updated and pretty. The bathroom had heated floors - nice touch! It was very quiet, so we were able to sleep well.

I don't have anything but compliments for the Cape Arundel Inn. If you have a chance - stay here!

Room Tip: Ocean view is amazing, but I'm pretty sure all of the rooms are lovely.

Dear 597colleenl,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was so nice to meet you and your husband and we are happy you were able to enjoy your stay even though you were on crutches.
It sounds like you were able to spend your vacation enjoying the property and Kennebunkport area!
Thank you again for your compliments. They will be shared with the entire Team.
We wish you a quick recovery and look forward to welcoming you back once again. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy more of the activities we offer.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

So, Room #2 is amazing!!! Gorgeous, huge, nice 4 poster comfy King bed overlooking the ocean!!! Nicely appointed bathroom. Wonderful!!!

My problem was with service. First of all, I pre-paid both nights I stayed. They seem to have "lost" the 2nd payment, or miss-applied it. After a lengthly argument, they realized they had applied it to another type of charge, "incidental", as if I had damaged something..... But the credit should still show up on my statement, right!??!? Finally got that straightened out!!!!

I kind of got the "bum rush" to check out of my room, at 830am. Strange! I came down for breakfast, move the car and then load the car. She asked me several times if I was checking out. No! Not yet!! Check out is at 11, btw.

The bartender served me a strawberry with my cheese plate. I told her I was allergic. Then she serves me another one with dessert!!! And said, "well, we will see what happens...." !! Really!?!??!

I also had wine shipped up. They emailed me several times that that was not a problem and the packages would be in my room when I arrived. Not only were the boxes opened!!!! (why??), but she seemed to want to "doll" it out to me. No!! Just bring it all up here, and I will open what I want when I want.... This is just my first stop on this trip..... Also, just strange!!!

So, the Inn is gorgeous with a perfect location and gorgeous room!! Staff is on the snobby side......

Room Tip: Room #2 in the main building, the "Ocean Suite"
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Jana B, General Manager at Cape Arundel Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Ms. McGowen,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our Ocean Suite. The Suite truly is a fabulous room with the breathtaking view. As this was your celebration gateway We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay.
At the same time I am sorry to hear that the service wasn't up to your standards.
Staff at The Cape Arundel Inn is very warm and professional. We go beyond and above of the guests requests and needs. I apologize for any misinterpretation that might happened during your visit.
We Kept the box of wine in the fridge to make sure it had the right temperature and you could enjoy it while was chilled. I apologize for the miscommunication if you wished otherwise.
We do take allergies and any dietary restrictions very seriously. We do not take it for granted so with all due respect it's hard to believe that any of the employees would ever mention something so ignorant.
Our goal is to provide an exceptional service for our guests. Thank you for bringing up these matters to our attentions. Your business is appreciated and valued. If I can ever personally assist with anything in the future please contact me directly.
Wishing you a great Summer.

jana@capearundelinn.com