Lowest prices for your stay
$195
$185
Hotels.com
$185
Travelocity$185
Ascend$195
ZenHotels.com$197
All reviews choice hotels heated pool refrigerator and microwave comfortable beds room was spotless stay there again yogurt per night motel dog maine ascent pet beaches wells
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2022

The room smelled like smoke even though it was advertised as non smoking. Air freshener was used to cover the smell. The room was small, and dark. The exterior doors were dirty with fingerprints. The pool did not look at all like it does on the website. As soon as we opened the door and went into the room, my sister and I looked at each other and said “we gotta get outta here”. My sister went to get a refund and we went up the street to Hampton Inn in Wells …. Wow, what a difference! From trash to class.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank Chaos72022
Reviewed 24 October 2021

The hotel is cuter than a standard motel from the exterior, but motel it is in terms of breakfast choices. Nothing hot except for premixed coffee (with added sugar) and water for tea. Prepackaged oatmeal and pastries. The minimalist approach including room service every other day.

Room tip: The corner rooms seem quieter with better view of the landscape
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 20 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at Port Inn and it was exceptional. Staff was great, room was spotless, quiet safe area and close to everything. At breakfast at a small cafe close by called Square Toes and it was great. Also at at Billy's Chowder house in Wells. Worth the 15 minute drive. Both places were recommended by the locals. Absolutely would stay here again

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Our travel agent booked a room for us at the Port Inn. After looking at Reviews we were ok with that....big mistake. This place is awful. We checked in, went to room on 2nd floor, no elevator and I had to drag heavy bags 2 flights of stairs. Hallways and steps were nasty. Open door to room and were blown away with Air Freshener Smell and old furniture. Went back to lobby and check in and left. Told front desk about odor. This hotel appears to me it is going through a transition, not a good one.

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank eeritter
nirav patel, General Manager at Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2021

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

I really hate giving such a low rating, really. But sometimes it’s deserved and this is one of those times.
I had reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights to put the cap on an otherwise great weeklong family trip. We arrived around 8pm tired from a very long day of travel.
Upon entering our room, my wife and I each crinkled our faces and simultaneously said, “dog pee”!
The room reeked of dog urine! At the front desk a very nice clerk with a puzzled look gave me a can of febreeze.
I’m not sure whether febreeze or dog urine is more toxic to inhale, but the febreeze sure smelled better.
The next day we left the room early and remained out the entire day. Much to my disappointment, there was no housekeeping performed at all while we were out. The hotel had indicated they weren’t going to provide this service, but when a guest reports the room smells like dog urine.. I mean really?!?!
When I mentioned this again at check out, hoping that the management might improve the situation for the next guest, I was informed that all of the rooms with carpet have this issue and need to have the carpets removed and replaced with a pergo type flooring. I tried explaining that our room had pergo type flooring and they might want to rethink that solution. By the way, my father’s carpeted room next to ours had no foul odor. I think the most disappointing part of this entire debacle was that there was never any apology. Knowingly putting guests in a room soaked with dog urine surely deserves an apology or minimally, “I’m sorry you feel that way”. All this hotel deserves is a visit from the health department or maybe animal control.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
nirav patel, General Manager at Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We were extremely concerned to read your comments about the room and the issues you experienced during your stay here. We have extremely high standards of cleanliness here at the Port Inn as you can see from past reviews. I have passed this review onto our Housekeeping Manager to conduct a thorough retrain of all housekeepers into how we change out and deep clean a room after we have pets stay. This will ensure a slip like this will never happen again