2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$209
-70.548416$209
Travelocity$199
Hotels.com$199
Priceline$209
getaroom.com$218
All reviews choice hotels refrigerator and microwave comfortable beds room was spotless stay there again yogurt motel dog maine ascent pet wells
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Our travel agent booked a room for us at the Port Inn. After looking at Reviews we were ok with that....big mistake. This place is awful. We checked in, went to room on 2nd floor, no elevator and I had to drag heavy bags 2 flights of stairs. Hallways and steps were nasty. Open door to room and were blown away with Air Freshener Smell and old furniture. Went back to lobby and check in and left. Told front desk about odor. This hotel appears to me it is going through a transition, not a good one.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eeritter
nirav patel, General Manager at Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2021

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

I really hate giving such a low rating, really. But sometimes it’s deserved and this is one of those times.
I had reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights to put the cap on an otherwise great weeklong family trip. We arrived around 8pm tired from a very long day of travel.
Upon entering our room, my wife and I each crinkled our faces and simultaneously said, “dog pee”!
The room reeked of dog urine! At the front desk a very nice clerk with a puzzled look gave me a can of febreeze.
I’m not sure whether febreeze or dog urine is more toxic to inhale, but the febreeze sure smelled better.
The next day we left the room early and remained out the entire day. Much to my disappointment, there was no housekeeping performed at all while we were out. The hotel had indicated they weren’t going to provide this service, but when a guest reports the room smells like dog urine.. I mean really?!?!
When I mentioned this again at check out, hoping that the management might improve the situation for the next guest, I was informed that all of the rooms with carpet have this issue and need to have the carpets removed and replaced with a pergo type flooring. I tried explaining that our room had pergo type flooring and they might want to rethink that solution. By the way, my father’s carpeted room next to ours had no foul odor. I think the most disappointing part of this entire debacle was that there was never any apology. Knowingly putting guests in a room soaked with dog urine surely deserves an apology or minimally, “I’m sorry you feel that way”. All this hotel deserves is a visit from the health department or maybe animal control.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
nirav patel, General Manager at Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We were extremely concerned to read your comments about the room and the issues you experienced during your stay here. We have extremely high standards of cleanliness here at the Port Inn as you can see from past reviews. I have passed this review onto our Housekeeping Manager to conduct a thorough retrain of all housekeepers into how we change out and deep clean a room after we have pets stay. This will ensure a slip like this will never happen again

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Rooms are very clean and well kept. Employee are very helpful. Lobby is very pretty. Breakfast is grab n go. Close to everything. Salt water heated out door pool was clean and well kept. Landscaping is well maintained

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Clean, staff pleasant, perfect for families. Hotel offers bicycles on site - however the bikes are not maintained - do not suggest riding. Also best to request a room on the 2nd floor - as all noise is easily heard.

Room tip: Request room on 2nd floor
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 5 July 2021

the hotel was fair but the price was insane though. we were in a room and it seemed as if the guests of the room next door were living in the room as a homeless shelter. they were up all night screaming, and were hanging out side all day. there was noise all night and all morning, form the neighbors and the guests in the room above us. really unsavory for the expensive price we paid to stay there over night. I would never stay there again ever.

Room tip: you hear all the neighbors
Date of stay: July 2021