Lowest prices for your stay
Etrip
Official Site
$1,743
View deal
Travelocity
Hotels.com
All reviews junior suite turn down service special occasion dining experience tasting menu fine dining spa services garden room lobster main building new england the cottages third floor cookies continental breakfast fireplace valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

My wife and I ordered Lobster from the four course menu. The meat tasted old and one piece actually tasted like ammonia which is when lobster meat goes bad totally. The chef came around to the tables stopped at hours and asked us how our food was. I explained to him that some of the courses were OK but the main course that we had with the lobster meat was not good. Without any apology or answer he proceeded to go to the next table totally ignoring us . The chef is obviously a pathetic person who doesn’t care about his work. I have to say the service was very good along with the rest of the weight staff wait staff.
Please save yourself the aggravation and money and go somewhere reputable, I know the review total shows this restaurant to be good but it truly is not.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Auberge Resorts, Owner at White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Dear CHARLIE19533591,
We are saddened to hear your experience with us fell short. We appreciate you sharing your experience as we take feedback very seriously and will work to improve this experience so it does not happen again. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or comments. We do hope to welcome you back soon for an improved experience start to finish.

Reviewed 15 June 2022

Beautiful boutique hotel within walking distance of town. Professional, attentive and friendly staff. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay memorable especially Nicholas at the front desk. Looking forward to the next time we can stay at this very special hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sylvua,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us at White Barn Inn. We are thrilled you had a wonderful experience and that your visit was nothing short of spectacular. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2022

We stayed here just for one night on our way up the coast of Maine and I have to say that they leave you wanting to stay for longer. The staff are superb from the moment they take your bags and park the car, and provide a plethora of little extra touches such as chocolate‘s lemonade and home-made cookies. The bedroom is beautifully decorated and the bathroom fully equipped with a hot and powerful shower and expensive luxury products. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and would stay there again if we visited Kennebunkport.

Dear F4632BRrobertb,
Thank you for taking the time to share this heartfelt feedback. We are so glad you had a wonderful experience with us, from service to ambiance to amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2022

Where to start? From start to finish our experience at the White Barn Inn was nothing short of perfection. The warm and friendly faces, the stunning design, the coziness of the rooms, the spotless rooms - everything was wonderful.
As a born and raised New Englander but living overseas, I wanted to show my wife the beauty of New England, and I'm so glad I chose to bring her here. We will never forget the warm fires being lit, the smores out by the fire pit, lounging by the pool, the bed being turned down, the basket every morning with delicious coffee... we were both sad to say goodbye after three days. But can't wait to come back again! I read once that those that go to White Barn Inn, keep coming back. After staying there I can completely understand why.

Date of stay: May 2022
Auberge Resorts, Owner at White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2022

Dear danielmK5357ST,
Thank you for taking the time to leave this heartfelt review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the rooms, to service, to design and ambiance. We hope to welcome you and your wife back to our hidden gem again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

The White Barn Inn has been on my bucket list for years now. I had heard of its charm, history and unparalleled service, but nothing had prepared me for what the actual experience was like.
Every detail has been thought out and crafted for your comfort and ease. We didn't use the valet but every time we saw them they waved and said hello. When we checked in we were given a cold glass of lemonade. Collin, who checked us in, gave us a mini history lesson and tour of the hotel and personally led us to our room, where our bags were already waiting. There was a tray full of complimentary snacks and drinks, and they even filled the ice bucket for us. (FYI the carrot cookies were incredible!). When we got back from dinner the room had been tidied (and bathroom fully reset, my husband made a mess showering and they made it like we had never touched the bathroom) and when is the last time you had turn down service at a hotel? Well you get it here, and they even sent up two tiny whoopie pies from the restaurant. We were also told that if we went out walking and we went too far or got lost there was a car service to come pick us up wherever we were. The next morning we had a basket of fresh coffee, cream and two mini chocolate croissants waiting for us outside of our room.
But in all honesty the very nicest and most precious thing to me was the handwritten note thanking us for staying. That is some old school etiquette that I have never received in all my years on this planet.
Is it expensive? Yep. Is it worth it? Every penny. In this era of cost cutting measures and stripped down amenities this is like a breath of fresh air. We are not wealthy people but I will make it a point to save up to stay here the next time I find myself in Maine.

Date of stay: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank madcapgirl

Dear Madcapgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to share this heartfelt feedback from your stay with us. We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the service you received to the personal touches our team shared. We hope to welcome you back again very soon to our coastal escape.